DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that some people fail to understand is that a lot of us on here have been on the Big Ant ride since before DBC 14, we have seen how they developed that game and then patched the issues that we had over subsequent months. The price of DBC14 was the same price as DBC17 in the UK.

There are issues with this game and some of them are big but many of us know and trust Ross and his team to fix them. Last time round we had simultaneous console and PC releases so people could see that they were rolling out patches to the PC on extremely regular basis this time round we don't have that yet but it is ridiculous to suggest (given previous evidence) that Big Ant won't patch the issues that have been highlighted, they will but the process for getting patches out to consoles is not straightforward or speedy so patience is required.

The thing that some people fail to understand is that a lot of us on here have been on the Big Ant ride since before DBC 14, we have seen how they developed that game and then patched the issues that we had over subsequent months. The price of DBC14 was the same price as DBC17 in the UK.

There are issues with this game and some of them are big but many of us know and trust Ross and his team to fix them. Last time round we had simultaneous console and PC releases so people could see that they were rolling out patches to the PC on extremely regular basis this time round we don't have that yet but it is ridiculous to suggest (given previous evidence) that Big Ant won't patch the issues that have been highlighted, they will but the process for getting patches out to consoles is not straightforward or speedy so patience is required.

There is no failure to understand that many have been on the ride since before DBC 14.

There is, however, a failure to understand WHY that even after going through an extensive feedback and patching session with DBC 14 getting it to a good spot the whole process has to be repeated with the new game. Why were all those patches and suggestions over the months not implemented in the new game from day 1?

I don't think there is a failure to understand why the community loves Big Ant, they were supportive and communicative and got DBC 14 to a fine game.

There is a failure to understand why this is happening again. Why things have gone backwards when there should be a wealth of experience gained from the patching of DBC 14.

But I am repeating myself.

We all know this isn't true. Difficult to hit it into the covers, sure, but not impossible. Hitting behind square can be done easily, just not fine enough for many people's liking.

Can't we stick to facts rather than grossly generalised comments that help nobody?

have to disagree with you bud. I tried playing that shot through fine leg pressing the R1 button and either I ended up cutting the ball or the ball rolled to the Square Leg region. Same with driving through the covers region. The only way I was able to hit the ball there was via a weird front foot cut shot which can't be called a cover/square drive by any stretch of imagination. Similarly I had very little success playing a fine cut shot/glide to 3rd man (and against spinners it's impossible anyway thanks to the wkt keeper).

As it stands hitting a leg glance/flick to Long Leg/Fine Leg region, driving through covers and a cut/glide to 3rd man is indeed nearly impossible. Some of these shots may happen on a rare occasion but I haven't been successful and I have spent 4 days on the game across varying difficulty levels with & without the out of the box teams. Even if I were to somehow get a shot through covers or fine leg or fine 3rd man when the stars align it's still a huge concern that these staple shots can't be played regularly in DBC 17 so I think the OP is correct in stating the areas he mentioned as off limits.

@cricket_online the point I was making was that the two areas aren't 100% inaccessible otherwise I'd not have been able to hit in them and have wagon wheel graphs to prove this. I have the same game as everyone else and no magic skills, so from playing the game I can say that those two areas aren't 100% inaccessible because I've hit into those two areas.

Yes, there are missing shots and hitting into those areas is extremely difficult and seldom happens, but if I have done this (and have wagon wheels to show this) then stating that the cover and behind square regions are 'inaccessible', i.e. the ball can 100% not go in those areas is false. There is a huge difference between something being inaccessible and something being almost impossible, as the latter, by definition, means there is a possibility.

@cricket_online the point I was making was that the two areas aren't 100% inaccessible otherwise I'd not have been able to hit in them and have wagon wheel graphs to prove this. I have the same game as everyone else and no magic skills, so from playing the game I can say that those two areas aren't 100% inaccessible because I've hit into those two areas.

Yes, there are missing shots and hitting into those areas is extremely difficult and seldom happens, but if I have done this (and have wagon wheels to show this) then stating that the cover and behind square regions are 'inaccessible', i.e. the ball can 100% not go in those areas is false. There is a huge difference between something being inaccessible and something being almost impossible, as the latter, by definition, means there is a possibility.

My point was that whether the areas are 100% inaccessible or 98% inaccessible doesn't make much of a difference. The areas can't be hit through as desired by human users and that's something which Big Ant needs to look at and that's what the OP's wagon wheel currently shows.

My point was that whether the areas are 100% inaccessible or 98% inaccessible doesn't make much of a difference. The areas can't be hit through as desired by human users and that's something which Big Ant needs to look at and that's what the OP's wagon wheel currently shows.

Yes, I understand that, but my original point was to the pie chart someone produced, which stated that they were both 100% inaccessible - which they aren't. I agree that they are 98% inaccessible, but I wasn't arguing that point, merely that the pie chart and assumption that they are both inaccessible is incorrect. I think we can both agree that they are accessible, but only a very, very, very small % of the time. I've just posted in the batting tread with a behind square shot I have just played.

Why things have gone backwards when there should be a wealth of experience gained from the patching of DBC 14.

You raised a very good point. It could be possible that BA lost some key developers that worked on DB14, and new developers simply failed to understand the codes previously written.

Thanks. Will check and update accordingly.

Did you get a chance to test the cut/late cut shot and see where it goes? I checked again yesterday and played late cuts against pacers (Right analog stick in the 4th quadrant between 270 and 360 degrees, or between 3 and 6'o clock). When I checked the wagon wheel I didn't see any shot which went to 3rd man/fine 3rd man area but to the Square Gully region.

Did you get a chance to test the cut/late cut shot and see where it goes? I checked again yesterday and played late cuts against pacers (Right analog stick in the 4th quadrant between 270 and 360 degrees, or between 3 and 6'o clock). When I checked the wagon wheel I didn't see any shot which went to 3rd man/fine 3rd man area but to the Square Gully region.

I guess you are right. However, looking at the lack of response from BA and so called seasoned members trying all and every means to defend Bigant even if the situation is untenable (pity them as they live in fear of antagonizing Bigant and act as if Bigant are doing them a favour)....there is no point in updating the chart. It will not lead to anything. Do you think otherwise?

I guess you are right. However, looking at the lack of response from BA and so called seasoned members trying all and every means to defend Bigant even if the situation is untenable (pity them as they live in fear of antagonizing Bigant and act as if Bigant are doing them a favour)....there is no point in updating the chart. It will not lead to anything. Do you think otherwise?

The Poll Indicates that we have 77% people who agree with my review while 11% do not agree. In spite of such overwhelming statistics, and such a detailed, objective review....there is no response/acknowledgement/support from either Bigant or the people who run this forum.

Last edited:

The Poll Indicates that we have 77% people who agree with my comments while 11% do not agree. In spite of such overwhelming statistics, and such a detailed, objective review....there is no response/acknowledgement/support from either Bigant or the people who run this forum.

I think it does as I am more than sure Big Ant are working on these issues and will find a solution. I would rather they have all the correct information they can get. My objective is not to bag Big Ant or anyone else for that matter but simply to highlight our concerns and the issues which exist with DBC 17. More accurate and precise we are with our bug/issue reporting, the better would be the fixes/patches from Big Ant IMO so I would update the batting chart/wagon wheel.

The Poll Indicates that we have 77% people who agree with my comments while 11% do not agree. In spite of such overwhelming statistics, and such a detailed, objective review....there is no response/acknowledgement/support from either Bigant or the people who run this forum.
You are so wrong. Call me a flog, a fanboy, call me a taxi if you want but you are wrong wrong wrong. This percentage of user says: wrong. And to call your review objective is wrong; All reviews are per definition subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread