DBC14 | Full Game Play with BARS Video

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have but one criticism of the video - it would be good to see a shot of the umpire's original decision, before going straight into BARS otherwise great job. And I love the name as well. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I have but one criticism of the video - it would be good to see a shot of the umpire's original decision, before going straight into BARS otherwise great job. And I love the name as well.
This was mentioned previously - the issue is that the ball is still in play - if they weren't trying to show off BARS, they'd probably have gotten a runout on this ball, so they have to keep the focus on the ball.

Super International Cricket handled this with an audible 'Not Out' and/or a picture in picture showing the umpire.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Wouldn't a PiP be useful here too. Perhaps, Ross could be suggested of this. Of course, it would be purely for visual purpose only and nothing that affects the gameplay.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This was mentioned previously - the issue is that the ball is still in play - if they weren't trying to show off BARS, they'd probably have gotten a runout on this ball, so they have to keep the focus on the ball.

Super International Cricket handled this with an audible 'Not Out' and/or a picture in picture showing the umpire.

Yeah - a picture in picture would work. :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think you need to see the umpire shaking his head every time, you will see it in the replay too.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't think you need to see the umpire shaking his head every time, you will see it in the replay too.

an audible not out would be very cool...

and if it was using a contextual tone of voice based on how frivolous or how often you've appealed (to give an idea of umps getting annoyed) it would be amazing... (DBC 15 maybe :cheers ;))

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll get down to the studio and record some appropriate remarks for the "Angry Umpire DLC"...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'll get down to the studio and record some appropriate remarks for the "Angry Umpire DLC"...

well yes I know now we're into the "asking for too much" territory but to mix sports a bit it's only sign of how many other bases are covered - at least we are not asking if it's possible for the wicketkeepers to have bodies...

superfreddie

Club Captain

Hope your not joking, because that is an awesome idea, especially getting more angry for constant appealing.

I think a PIP would make it look tacky

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
I like the way it is now. I definitely do not want the camera to switch to the umpire when i am trying to attempt a leg bye run, or when i am trying to run out a batsman attempting a leg bye.

Users who are viewing this thread