DBC14 | Full Game Play with BARS Video

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I like the way it is now. I definitely do not want the camera to switch to the umpire when i am trying to attempt a leg bye run, or when i am trying to run out a batsman attempting a leg bye.

Yeah your right, that's why an audible not out would be the perfect solution.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Unless of course we're all complaining over nothing and the commentators just mention the outcome of each appeal.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Oh yeah, another good idea, perhaps a mix of both would be good

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is running on danger area on pitch a prohibition in game or not as the bowler in video runs over the danger area in his follow through.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Possibly been mentioned but I'm not going to delve through the whole thread, but the crowd should cheer when hawkeye shows the ball hitting the stumps, not just when the umpire raises the finger.

glenny134

Club Captain
Mmmm, dunno, had the sense that he was starting to get a little irritated with me......

Usually I find the best sign an umpire doesn't like you is when your on a stretcher...until then I'd keep appealing...you know, he might not have heard you the first 17 times. Maybe he thought you were still grunting from putting so much effort in while delivering the ball.

Never know.

Or just put the umpire off by jumping a mile...

sohair92

School Cricketer
Usually I find the best sign an umpire doesn't like you is when your on a stretcher...until then I'd keep appealing...you know, he might not have heard you the first 17 times. Maybe he thought you were still grunting from putting so much effort in while delivering the ball.

Never know.

Or just put the umpire off by jumping a mile...

Hahahaha saw the video for the first time and it seemed like a glitch :P

itzeddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Possibly been mentioned but I'm not going to delve through the whole thread, but the crowd should cheer when hawkeye shows the ball hitting the stumps, not just when the umpire raises the finger.
That was one of the first things I thought of, especially after watching the current Ashes Test, because the reviews are shown on the big screens. Not being critical, just one of those things.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...that's why an audible not out would be the perfect solution.

...and when I'm batting I want the umpire to high-five me following 'not out'

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...far too subtle for me.

Off Topic: For a fun company-cricket match we played years ago, a mate of mine was the umpire and I bribed him with free beer to never give me out when I batted, good investment... until I was run out second ball by another friend of mine on MY team who found out about the deal. It was very funny.

Last edited:

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
...far too subtle for me.

Off Topic: For a fun company-cricket match we played years ago, a mate of mine was the umpire and I bribed him with free beer to never give me out when I batted, good investment... until I was run out second ball by another friend of mine on MY team who found out about the deal. It was very funny.

We have a yearly OCs vs YCs 20/20 game at my cricket club (I'll let people here work out what OC and YC stand for) and we enjoy breaking out liquor licence by drinking out on the field.

When going out to bat I brought out a few beers especially for the umpire who I saw had gone dry. Padded up on middle first ball, not out ;)

Oh cricket, how I miss playing ye!

Users who are viewing this thread