Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

maddo94

School Cricketer
Hey guys apologies if this question has been answered previously but me and some mates tried to play a 4 player online match on each of our own ps4 but we could only have 2 players join- the host plus 1 other

Is there some online settings or game rules that allow 4 players toplay together, like we must all be on the same or seperate teams, or we all needa have certain things set for it to work?

On the game it has 2-4online multiplayer but we cant work out why only 2 can join, tried searching everywhere but cant work it out

Simon hocking

School Cricketer
Why when I play tests or one day internationals they don't have there own states I scored 253 in test but didn't go to my states Bradman 14 did it why can't they get 2017 right

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hey guys apologies if this question has been answered previously but me and some mates tried to play a 4 player online match on each of our own ps4 but we could only have 2 players join- the host plus 1 other

Is there some online settings or game rules that allow 4 players toplay together, like we must all be on the same or seperate teams, or we all needa have certain things set for it to work?

On the game it has 2-4online multiplayer but we cant work out why only 2 can join, tried searching everywhere but cant work it out
Checks box... wow it indeed says 2-4 players.... @MattW what are we missing here?

maddo.... how did you attempt to set up a 4 player? I have played co-op online with a buddy, but he set it up so I am only guessing here..... I guess your setup went like this: ONLINE-->CUSTOM MATCH--> Select Players (ok here I am also guessing....it seems you need both players on 1 PS4 to be logged into their PSN accounts for both to play online on one team on one ps4)-->Setup match conditions (selecting Versus AI=NO)--> creat match (wait for Invite players) --> invite players to join (here again i am guessing on the other PS4 both players must be signed into their PSN accounts like your initial setup.

can someone test this?

Stokes82

School Cricketer
loving the game but one thing I have noticed after playing for a few weeks, I haven't had one single run out referred to the 3rd umpire when a number of times it has looked really close, is this not in the game?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@Jerm @maddo94 there is a limit of 2 machines.

Whether you can play 2 on each machine (so still 4) I don't know, but you can only play with 2 machines I know that. More than 2 introduces too many issues (latency lag or something I don't know the particulars) due to the p2p nature of the online.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
4 player multiplayer is possible by having two players locally on each side, there's an 'activate controller' button on the controller select screen before a custom online match, which allows you to add the extra player to your side.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
4 player multiplayer is possible by having two players locally on each side, there's an 'activate controller' button on the controller select screen before a custom online match, which allows you to add the extra player to your side.

Yes, I played this way and its super fun but when I call for run both start running and when I cancel it applies for both. Can you please make the call for individual players like how it is in DBC14.

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is there a way to download the teams without all their assigned stadiums? Would prefer to download all the teams with their kits and logos and then the stadiums at a later date, maybe when Big Ant fix the logo download limit

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is there a way to download the teams without all their assigned stadiums? Would prefer to download all the teams with their kits and logos and then the stadiums at a later date, maybe when Big Ant fix the logo download limit
Yes, you have to leave one though, when you go into the team to download go look at their stadiums, if there is more than one you can delete them there, then download the team, you will then only download one. Still doesnt 100% reduce the duplications, but it is way better. i would still afterwards delete all downloaded stadiums, download the stadiums you want and reassign to teams.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Can i use an " independently created player" in the academy, as a career player?

I cudnt find such an option...
I can only add a star player or create a new player exclusively for career.. .

Idea is to create a player once in the academy & use it for different careers, rather than recreate a player everytime in evrry new career...

Is it possible to make the created player as a star player & then use it for every career?

Kindly help with a way out... @MattW @HBK619 @grkrama

Thanx in advance

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I recently started my career as batting alrounder...

However i have observed that the stamina drains dramatically fast with every delivery whether bowling 1st or batting 1st... Its annoying to see it unrealistic...

It ws quite close to realistic in dbc 14 but not here...

It significantly reduces the performance which is visible from the power in the shots while batting...

Several times the stamina is 0% & its clearly visible to see the batsman slow in running & reduced shot power..

Also the rate of recovery in stamina is barely visible..

Stamina shud decrease ideally but not at such a drastic rate tht in just 1st 5 overs tht stamina is lingering at below 50%..

Havnt yet played a test match to see if an overnight batsman's stamina is reinstated at 100% on the start of the next day's play., ideally... Hope it does else its a bug...

I hope its a bug which gets resolved in the next patch...

@MattW @HBK619 kindly throw some light..

Thanx

grkrama

National Board President
Can i use an " independently created player" in the academy, as a career player?

I cudnt find such an option...
I can only add a star player or create a new player exclusively for career.. .

Idea is to create a player once in the academy & use it for different careers, rather than recreate a player everytime in evrry new career...

Is it possible to make the created player as a star player & then use it for every career?

when you create a new player in career you can copy the appearance of the player you already created in academy.

if you want them as star player add the player to the squad you want in and then they will be in the star player list.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It significantly reduces the performance which is visible from the power in the shots while batting...

Several times the stamina is 0% & its clearly visible to see the batsman slow in running & reduced shot power..

There are two sides to the coin here. I certainly wouldn't mind this. In fact this is what I would enjoy.

This would mean we would have very realistic batsman SR in FC/ODI/Test matches. Call me old school but I would rather have my player be 60 off 110 balls than 100 off 70 balls in Tests or 60 (80) than 100 (50) in ODIs.

Now I agree that this might be a problem in T20s, so perhaps adjusting the stamina drain according to the format being played could be a solution.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
This would mean we would have very realistic batsman SR in FC/ODI/Test matches. Call me old school but I would rather have my player be 60 off 110 balls than 100 off 70 balls in Tests or 60 (80) than 100 (50) in ODIs.

Definitely.
I also add batsmen strike rate should be influenced by pitch and condition.
In a batting paradise strike rate should be higher than normal and in difficult conditions SR should be lower than normal.
It also should be influenced by mentality and skill points in Attack/Defence.An aggressive batsman(Dave Warner has Test SR of 79) always try to hit the ball,a brute powerhouse like Chris Gayle always slog whatever the pitch is or a cool head batsman like Misbah ul haq try to play defensive even in batting paradise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread