Don Bradman Cricket 14 is Big Ant?s Big Honour

?The Bradman name comes with incredible responsibility? are the succinct words of Big Ant Studios CEO Ross Symons in today announcing that their cricket game will bear the name of the greatest ever cricket player, under license from the Bradman Foundation in Bowral.

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) will join Big Ant Studios as publisher for Don Bradman Cricket 14 with a release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PCs later this year. HES Managing Director Sebastian Giompaolo describes the use of Bradman?s name as an honour,

It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time.

Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.

The development team at Big Ant Studios also recognise the weight the name will carry for them, with CEO Ross Symons commenting -

The entire Big Ant Studios team understand that with the Bradman name comes incredible responsibility, we are all sincerely dedicated to bringing Cricket fans from all nations the Cricket gaming experience of their lives. We consider it the greatest of honours to develop the game that bears the name of the best player of all time, Bradman.

Historical kit items, a sepia tone filter and Don Bradman?s likeness in the game will allow players to recreate his record-breaking career, while the game?s career mode will let them chart their own path through the ranks to International glory.

Other game features confirmed so far include,

• Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length
    delivery without pitch markers.
  • A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a
    Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run
    out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
  • Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
  • A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height ?
    imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!
  • Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires
    decision.
  • Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
  • Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world
    data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days? play.
  • The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience,
    creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
  • More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
  • An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online
    opponents.
More details on Don Bradman Cricket 14 will be announced over the coming month, so until then you can discuss this announcement in our forums or keep updated with the latest cricket games news on our Twitter feed.

Article by Matt Whitehorn - Read More...

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow, just wow. Didn't expect this to happen. Now I understand what you were saying with blowing Clarke and Cook away. Feels a little strange that Bradman is on a cover of a cricket game for 2014 but I think I'll get accustomed to it.

Hope this isn't a trick :p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maybe now people might understand the approvals process. Theirs is a board of ex-Prime Ministers, ex-News Corp CEO, QC's, and the like.

Good things take time and we feel a heavy responsibility to deliver only the best.

Last edited:

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I suspected this. AWESOME !!!!!!!!!

ronak2339396

School Cricketer
What what what....someone pinch me.Ac13 bowled even before batting.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I understand what Sir Don Bradman means to cricket and this is absolutely brilliant. I am happy now even if you make me wait a year for this game. ROSS you're awesome :) No words.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Wow, just wow. Didn't expect this to happen. Now I understand what you were saying with blowing Clarke and Cook away. Feels a little strange that Bradman is on a cover of a cricket game for 2014 but I think I'll get accustomed to it.

Hope this isn't a trick :p

Claiming an association with Bradman is a Federal Crime in Australia if there is no link.

" In 2000, the Australian Government made it illegal for the names of corporations to suggest a link to "Sir Donald Bradman", if such a link does not in fact exist.[212] Other entities with similar protection are the Australian and foreign governments, Saint Mary MacKillop, the British Royal Family and the Returned and Services League of Australia.[213]"

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
I am literally in a state of shock,can't type more ross...salute you sir,hope that your game succeeds well :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
What what what....someone pinch me.Ac13 bowled even before batting.

Middle Stump!

or should I say "Spot On!" :yes

----------

Very nice. If I can ask, why did you decide to go back with tru blu again?

With this game we have a partnership with HES/Tru Blu, they are the obvious choice for us as they have great reach and expertise at retail while I believe we can handle the development and community relations well.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
That name, it brings so much respect to the game. And the title design too, so classic. Love it. First thing in the morning I read this, I know this day will be great.
Thanks Ross and BigAnt and HES.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread