England tour of India (5 Tests)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Missing the stumps? Really? That looked like a very, very good shout.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Was about to say this, at what point does it go from backing you man to just destroying him.
Hartley looked very down when he was walking off at the end. Needs an arm round the shoulder.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hartley looked very down when he was walking off at the end. Needs an arm round the shoulder.
This could be a very long and ugly series. I think there's an argument for just picking three seamers because they're the three best bowlers in the squad

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Jaiswal, a home track bully?

Wasn't successful against SA, against quality fast bowling.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This could be a very long and ugly series. I think there's an argument for just picking three seamers because they're the three best bowlers in the squad
Still only day one and I'd say we batted (mostly thanks to Stokes' excellent innings) better than last time. It may not have been the 4-5 an over we are used to seeing from this team but that's nearly always been on flat tracks. Very much felt like this would've been a 130 all out in 2021 mindset

Bowling always felt risky, particularly with the line up they went with. My biggest worry has always been the lack of a bowler in the top 7. Pope's injury in the Ashes meant Moeen could move up, cover the bowling of Stokes and we could get the four seamers in. Don't have that luxury now. Root can be talked about as the 5th bowler but that still feels like a stretch.

No one talks about how English cricket has been robbed of our four best spinners by the (Indian owned) SA20. #TestCricketIsDying #SayJhahConspiracy

Users who are viewing this thread