England tour of South Africa 09/10

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
They aren't.

But there is a strong rumour that he will be rested for the Bangladesh tour.

Sureshot

Executive member
Not only that, but has had one bad series, in a run of lots of excellent series.

It's a shame, I can only point out two players that pulled any of their own weight in this match. Broad and Colly.

Well done South Africa, I think a drawn series is pretty much bang on.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I'm guessing you want the saffers off the top of the "championship" table
I'm sorry, but there not on top. And anyway, that's not why. They played so well, and eserved a win.

England are the opposite of Aussies. While the Aussies haven't lost until the last ball is bowled, the Poms haven't won till the last ball is bowled.!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Well that didn't go well. It's disappointing to draw the series, especially with the decisions in this match, but at the end of the day, it's not the end of the world. Drawing 1-1 away to one of the best teams in the world, isn't too shabby and probably would have been taken before the series started. We didn't really play well that often, and in terms of percentages, South Africa looked the better side more often, yet they were the ones who had to scrap to level the series. I think it's important that we didn't lose this series after the Ashes, and hopefully we can build on from here. On a side note, I can't see Prior making the team for the Ashes next year.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
South Africa deserve to win this series 3-1. You have outplayed us in three of the four games and twice we hung on by the skin of our teeth. This test may well have been closer had the decisions gone our way but it doesn't change the fact we got lucky in the 1st and 3rd test's. We will be all out by tea tomorrow.

Looks like I was right, although even I thought we might hang on for a little longer than we did.

Rubbish performance and we should be thankful to come away with a 1-1 series draw. Who's up next for England?

Sureshot

Executive member
Swann's twitter feed is usually pretty tongue-in-cheek.

Well done SA - deserved to win this test and deserved to win the series.

No, they didn't. They showed an inability to kill a match off in two matches.

---

Trev, we go to Bangladesh at the end of Feb.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Well done lads, we got a draw against a better team overseas. Better that we didn't win this series, we still need to improve and hopefully they will realise this.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Oh yes yes yes yes yesssssssssss!!!
Morne Morkel,you are THE MAN!!!
Superb fast bowling to leave England in tatters.:hpraise

Hmmm...wonder what he'd do to your lot then? :sarcasm

I think Morkel epitomises what England lack, a penetrative attack. Anderson picked up 0/11 off 30 overs, the rest produced tidy figures but none the 5/51 of Steyn or current 4/49 of Morkel. That said, the England bowlers don't have England batsmen to bowl out who give the bowlers as much assistance as the conditions!

Cobblers. Our attack is penetrative enough - we penetrated through SA a few times this series; if Kallis hadn't stepped in with his 100 in the last match, we might well have won it. Dropping Onions was damn stupid.

Sad to see the Poms throw away this series.

Well, we just didn't turn up. Deep down, I reckon the players were happy with a 1-1.

Not only that, but has had one bad series, in a run of lots of excellent series.

It's a shame, I can only point out two players that pulled any of their own weight in this match. Broad and Colly.

Well done South Africa, I think a drawn series is pretty much bang on.

Agreed and well played SA - you were amazing in this test, as England were terrible.

Well done lads, we got a draw against a better team overseas. Better that we didn't win this series, we still need to improve and hopefully they will realise this.

That's true - it's a good result in anyone's language.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

KP fails again, Colly grits it out and the Sherminator chokes when the real pressure is on. No big surprises here, Im just glad we managed to level the series, we should have lost 3-1

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
KP fails again, Colly grits it out and the Sherminator chokes when the real pressure is on. No big surprises here, Im just glad we managed to level the series, we should have lost 3-1

You can't blame that on Bell at all, yeh he failed, but he has had a good series, you put blame on to the people who did nothing in this series, Strauss, Prior and Trott didn't pull their weight at all in this series. When Bell came in, the match was basically lost anyway.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Why are people calling for Strauss to be dropped. He's a class captain

Strauss dropped? He has just won the Ashes and has almost come so close to beating SA in SA. Thats two of the top three teams in world cricket that they have had a wood over. Strauss is awesome

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
England, when they need it the most they fail. I shouldn't have expected a series win.

P

pcfan123

I havent heard anyone asking for Strauss to be dropped. On the same note, he is not a great captain either.

Prior, Trott and KP should be the guys feeling the heat for this series. The bowlers are to be praised. I had a hard time imagining how our seamers would go in SA minus Flintoff, but Broad has really stepped it up.

Also selectors should be shot for bringing Sideshow Bob in for Onions

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Am I the only person that thinks there is some irony in the fact that Sidebottom was the last wicket out?

Users who are viewing this thread