England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

Quite happy to be wrong (although there still is the 2nd innings). One more wicket and it's India's session. No more wickets and it's even.

I think Cook forgot that DRS is available.

3 wickets in the session and I think its 60-40 in favor of England. All three wickets to spinners sets the tone for the series. Joe Root is going to be key

I would still say it's a shared session. I don't know if there was a plan to bowl full to Root because Ashwin was bowling way too full to Root. We need to get him as soon as possible after the lunch to get back in the game. Still can't get over the fact that we dropped 3 catches in first half an hour of the game when both the fast bowlers were bowling beautifully.

3 wickets in the session and I think its 60-40 in favor of England

I would disagree with that. Though we got only 1 batsman of note (Cook), there is the psychological edge of having taken 3 wickets on a good batting wicket. Add to this the fact that England won the toss, makes it even harder to call it in England's favor.

Root has silently raced to 35 (how on earth does he do that) and is looking very comfortable. His wicket early on should really put England in some sort of a defensive mindset.

When I say England is 10 percent is ahead only because England bat deep, Ali, Bairstow,Stokes and Root its a long long way to go. Also remember we are not very good ending the tail. Include Broad in that too. Everyone will be out of form but when it comes to India every one seems to be on ecstasy.

When I say England is 10 percent is ahead only because England bat deep, Ali, Bairstow,Stokes and Root its a long long way to go

When you put in that context it indeed is the case. I was referring to winning a session on a day which I believe India did.

I feel that England will give more tough fight to India relative to Newzeland. Alistar Cook, Joe Root and James Anderson are the Key

Can't understand the logic why he shouldn't.
I think what he meant was Mishra has bowled only 2 overs in 50 overs and Kohli is not using him properly.

I think what he meant was Mishra has bowled only 2 overs in 50 overs and Kohli is not using him properly.
I'll pick a leggie over an offie any day - despite any record they may hold.

BTW can't understnd Kohli's captaincy.

I'll pick a leggie over an offie any day - despite any record they may hold.

BTW can't understnd Kohli's captaincy.

What an utterly stupid thing to say. I have no issue with Mishra as the back up spinner but India should have played Pandya here.

What an utterly stupid thing to say. I have no issue with Mishra as the back up spinner but India should have played Pandya here.
Maybe Mishra over Jaddu? He deserves it after the splendid ODi series.

Second session to England then. How close was that LBW decision though.

Users who are viewing this thread