MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
An incomplete beta of PlanetCricket's new Fantasy Cricket game is now available - currently there is just a World Cup game to enter - individual matches will probably be added to test more things as we go along.

Currently there is no scoring system in place - I hope to be able to complete this early in the tournament, but until then there's really no 'game' to the Fantasy Cricket yet, just the ability to select a team.

Once the scoring is implemented and tested on trial games, I will go through and score the World Cup, so you'll get the points eventually.

Reserves are not implemented at this stage, you'll have to select them, but there won't be an option to edit your team after.

You will need a modern web browser - this is untested on anything other than the current versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, including IE a touch screen device. There is no mobile phone optimisation, so it will be very unlikely that you will be able to pick a team from a phone or other small screen device.

Again, this is unfinished, many links will lead nowhere - lots of things don't work yet or haven't been designed fully. Try to keep that in mind with your feedback.

The page is here - http://www.planetcricket.org/fantasy-cricket/

Enjoy.

Attachments

• fc.gif
    fc.gif
    129 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Extremely early days, but just to reiterate that I see it as a priority, here's part of the work I've been doing on the team selection interface for Fantasy Cricket. There's still a huge amount of work to do, so it's a long way off before it will be ready to put on the site, but things are coming along.

View attachment 138058

Something particularly nice is that on a touch screen you can just drag them around. Isn't suitable on phones as it stands.

The to-do list before this is ready is extremely long - this is just the beginnings of the interface, there's no back end code yet.

In case people are wondering, the green/blue is extremely basic stuff for Australia and England players, the idea would be that all teams are stylised. The checkboxes/radio buttons are going to be the bonus players and the captain, but again, plenty of design work to go before things look nice.
Loved it just talking about theee UI, use Segoe UI font at 12 or 15, it'll look much more great than it is looking now and can you put demo of the Fantasy Cricket on a testing page? or something similar?[DOUBLEPOST=1421923658][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please update the Copyrights from 2014 to 15.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just a slight update on progress on Fantasy Cricket - I'd say I'm at 5% completion now - with initial work being done on connecting in the player database - though not yet the creation of matches. Except for the checkbox and radio boxes that will be shown with icons instead for bonus players and the captain - the design is close to where I want to be with the finished product. If someone thinks they can make better icons, feel free.

Capture.PNG

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Just a slight update on progress on Fantasy Cricket - I'd say I'm at 5% completion now - with initial work being done on connecting in the player database - though not yet the creation of matches. Except for the checkbox and radio boxes that will be shown with icons instead for bonus players and the captain - the design is close to where I want to be with the finished product. If someone thinks they can make better icons, feel free.

View attachment 138340
I am always there for graphics, Can I make all icons?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
capture-png.138340

Cricket Icons looks good, can we use that icons in cricket league instead of this :bat: :bwl: :wk: :wkb: :arwk: :ar:
So can you please update that icons in forum too...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
For those interested - I've made some good progress on Fantasy Cricket - there's nothing new visually so a screenshot wouldn't look different, but a good amount of the backend is coming together.

My estimate on completeness is now up to 20% - with the player and squad databases and editors implemented. The next major step is to implement the game management and the scoring system - once those are in, the rest of the work is just on connecting all the pieces.

If progress continues at the current pace, I think I'll be able to have a test site up for everyone for the World Cup. I don't know how buggy things might end up - I've never written something of this scale before.

I'll keep everyone updated either way.

lion100lion

International Coach
or those interested - I've made some good progress on Fantasy Cricket - there's nothing new visually so a screenshot wouldn't look different, but a good amount of the backend is coming together.

My estimate on completeness is now up to 20% - with the player and squad databases and editors implemented. The next major step is to implement the game management and the scoring system - once those are in, the rest of the work is just on connecting all the pieces.

If progress continues at the current pace, I think I'll be able to have a test site up for everyone for the World Cup. I don't know how buggy things might end up - I've never written something of this scale before.

I'll keep everyone updated either way.

Please do keep the scoring, squad pattern as in ICC fantasy cricket World Cup 2015...

Capture 1.PNG Capture 2.PNG Capture 3.PNG

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Please do keep the scoring, squad pattern as in ICC fantasy cricket World Cup 2015...
It won't be - it'll be similar to the previous implementation of Fantasy Cricket, as it's something that will get used for all different types of matches and series, rather than the more unique WC setup.

A planned difference over the old implementation will be breaking out T20 as a unique match type, rather than previously having just Tests and One Day.

I am open to ideas on how best to balance out the exact scoring system - so that it's not weighted too heavily to bowlers or batsmen.

Here's a description of the previous FC:
Batting:
1 run = 1 point
-Duck (batsmen) = -30 ponits
- Duck (all rounder, keeper) = - 20 points
Bowling:
-Wicket (bowled, LBW) = 30 points
-Wicket (caught) = 20 points
-For every 5 runs conceded by bowler = -1 point
Fielding
-Caught (keeper) = 5 points
-Caught (fielder or bowler) = 10 points
-Run out * (Player who removes the bails) = 5 points
-Run out ** (Fielder that returns the throw) = 10 points
-Run out *** (Direct hit) = 15 points

I like the idea of the milestone bonuses - but some of those other things would be very hard to calculate when scoring matches - I'd have to be sure that anything added to the scoring is easily available in the scorecards posted of matches.

The plan for substitutions is simply having a set of 5 reserves - with a number of changes allowed per series, and those being locked during matches. But that's something that is still yet to be implemented, so detail could be changed.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
That seems to be interesting. I was looking for it for long time. I want to know that is this manually made or any other add-ons are used?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm sure those who were on the FC team on the vBulletin forums would be happy to see the steps required to make a new FC match:

Capture.PNG

Okay, there's usually going to be a little bit more effort, having to edit the squads for the teams to just have the players that have been selected for the matches and adding any debutantes to the player database. Some additional screenshots, again, work in progress and appearances may change.

3.PNG 1.PNG 2.PNG

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I'm sure those who were on the FC team on the vBulletin forums would be happy to see the steps required to make a new FC match:

View attachment 138749

Okay, there's usually going to be a little bit more effort, having to edit the squads for the teams to just have the players that have been selected for the matches and adding any debutantes to the player database. Some additional screenshots, again, work in progress and appearances may change.

View attachment 138748 View attachment 138750 View attachment 138751
If you'd some more members to the team?

Users who are viewing this thread