Game Crashes

athkatla

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, this game is crashing my computer to desktop and automatically restarting it! Before any of you start saying it's my computer at fault, it's not! I have a brand new very high end computer, firewall installed and running, antivirus up and running, and I use Spybot and Adaware every week. This only happens with this game, no other game, and I play Battlefield 2 with all the settings on high, Half Life 2, Quake 4 etc.

The error message I get when my computer restarts is as follows:-

Error caused by a device driver

Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft.

Error report summary

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
Cause : Unknown device driver
Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Information about this error

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Next steps

We have analyzed your error report and at this time are unable to determine the exact cause of the error. However, Microsoft will continue to analyze this error report to try to determine the specific cause of the error. If we are able to find the cause and correct it, and you encounter the same problem, you will receive an updated response that includes instructions for resolving the problem.

I know it says it's a device driver on my computer, but as every other game I have runs perfectly, then the fault is with this game.

I have attached my DXDIAG as of today, I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    60 KB · Views: 2
Apologies for dragging this one up from the midst of time...

But how did you get this sorted?

My PC has a very similar problem, during the loading it crashes and restarts the whole PC before coming up with an error message.

I've got a decent PC - Core 2 Duo, 2gb ram, 7900GT SLi cards and stuff. Had been playing 2005 with no problems on my old PC, but both 2006 and Ashes edition restart when trying them on my new one.

Any ideas?

Yep, had it since the original - dont play it as much as the old days, but i'm missing it even more now the WC is on.

I've tried 2005 on my new pc too, it doesnt restart my pc, but it just doesnt start at all. Really weird as all my drivers are up to date and it plays everything else I throw at it with max settings just fine. No idea what to try next, and empire support arent replying to emails.

are you using vista? if you are it may be the same sort of problem that occured with the original icc (98 i think it was) it just isnt set up for os upgrades, maybe its made that way so you have to buy/download (i havent downloaded it myself, because thats theft, although i do have to use a crack for every game i play because my dvd drives are no longer recognised) the next version, i know this doesnt help you, but if this is the case nothing will, sorry, also if im wrong, there is small print saying that i am not accountable for anything i have said, done or thought.

Fixed - disabled my SLI graphics cards in my nVidia profile and it works. Annoying to have to do that every time i wanna play it, but better than not playing at all :-)

Thanks for the suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread