How are you doing in your career?

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is that on "NORMAL" promotion setting? I used Normal and also made it in 2 seasons
in short yes. But it took me about 4 scores over 30 to get into the squad for a championship game

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Are you guys getting promoted mid-season based on performance or is it an end of year thing like the last game? Just curious - how many games a season are there at club level anyway. 5 opposing teams, right? Do you play each other twice or three times or something?

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Are you guys getting promoted mid-season based on performance or is it an end of year thing like the last game?
Can be mid season
Just curious - how many games a season are there at club level anyway. 5 opposing teams, right? Do you play each other twice or three times or something?
15 games a season all t20 but there is a cup at the end. After i got promoted i didnt play for my club. Stats are the only thing missing in my career thou.

turbodave

School Cricketer
First time poster here and apologies if this has already been asked/answered before, but how do I improve the 'Player Attributes' such as 'Judgement' 'Cardio Fitness' 'Strength' 'Run Speed' etc in Career mode?!

kulch

Club Captain
What's everyone's slider settings in career mode. Looking for a challenge similar to DBC14 pro. I feel the hardest part of the game should be as a rookie with poor stats so if you are motoring thru club seasons with 50s and 5wicket hauls it needs to be ramped up. I wish we could see what the sliders are for default medium or hard modes so we could tweak them

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
First time poster here and apologies if this has already been asked/answered before, but how do I improve the 'Player Attributes' such as 'Judgement' 'Cardio Fitness' 'Strength' 'Run Speed' etc in Career mode?!
It's a bug at the Moment you here to simulate a game after you've played a few and then you'll get a back what you are owed in one go just tedius at the moment but big ant will soon fix

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Scored 202* in a shield match against Victoria. The game crapped itself when the captain declared (another reminder that good ole BA didn't fully test this game) - constantly sat at a loading screen for 10 mins then I had to hit B before it got back to the match screen.
Scored 74 in the 2nd dig. Such a good feeling. Really struggled with stamina.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Really struggled with stamina.

How much do you have to manage that when batting? Curious how the new system works - also the confidence meter, how much it takes to change it, if it carries over between matches, etc. I'd love to know more. Also, I wondered about how the stamina carries over between innings. Will a wicketkeeper-batsman in the top order still be tired after a long day in the field, or the same for any opening batsman really. Haven't heard too much about it yet.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
How much do you have to manage that when batting? Curious how the new system works - also the confidence meter, how much it takes to change it, if it carries over between matches, etc. I'd love to know more. Also, I wondered about how the stamina carries over between innings. Will a wicketkeeper-batsman in the top order still be tired after a long day in the field, or the same for any opening batsman really. Haven't heard too much about it yet.
I have been trying to monitor in longer formats, but really havent played that much.... someone mentioned on a thread that if you leave a ball your stamina and confidence goes up by between 1-3%... I have noticed stamina goes down while bowling, and will be higher after some rest period later in the innings

I still to monitor further ;)

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I have been trying to monitor in longer formats, but really havent played that much.... someone mentioned on a thread that if you leave a ball your stamina and confidence goes up by between 1-3%... I have noticed stamina goes down while bowling, and will be higher after some rest period later in the innings

I still to monitor further ;)

Would love to know anything more you find out. Would be very interested to see what the difference is in how much the confidence is affected by, for example, being hit by a bouncer, playing and missing, edging without being caught, being out for a duck, having a tight LBW appeal, getting successive low scores, etc - compared with on the other side of things, hitting a four, surviving a certain number of balls at the start of the innings to get in, getting a wicket, etc. You gave the example of confidence increasing when you leave the ball. Would that be the same if you block it too, for example? I appreciate it's difficult to actually analyse things like this when you're playing, but I'm just interested to hear what observations people have made.

Mad_dog_robbo

School Cricketer
Just joined up, had no idea about this site.
It's good stuff.
Both my male and female are getting smashed at the moment. Both bowling allrounders. Not to bad bowling, maybe only get 1-2 wickets a match but they hold them up. Always seem to get hit for a boundary last delivery no matter what I bowl though lol.
Battings hard. A bit better today, the L2 + R2 aggressive ground shots are helping.
Every time old mate goes aerial I get caught, can't get the distance over the fielders.
Although all my stats are going up with SP, didn't even notice the judgment, cardio etc. I really need to simulate a match, maybe that'll make a big difference.
At the moment it's like old mate puffed down a whole deck of darts before playing, can barely run a single haha.

Zaneo

Club Captain
just downloaded dc17 on Xbox one haven't done the patches yet should I hold off on starting a carrier as would I need to restart if more patches come out or when downloading teams?

The_Pharoah

International Coach

it really becomes important when your stamina drops into low double or single digits and means you can't sprint anymore. you just have to manage your running between the wicket. I'm not sure what effect it has on your shots ie. whether it drops your power.

I understand the concept of what they're trying to do but I think its flawed. How can my stamina decrease to 0%? your stamina drops 1% every time you play a shot so even if you block for 200 balls your stamina will probably drop to 0%. Sound right to you?

The whole stamina thing is screwed as well. Whilst the longer you bat your stamina will drop and your confidence will inc (esp when you score 50+), however your partners' stats will show something silly like 95% stamina, 0% confidence...even if they're on 199*. Its bugged. My understanding is you have to simulate a game to get your inc in stamina.

After batting for 2 days for my 202*, I then batted again on Day 3 (late) but my stamina started at 30%. Eh? anyone heard of a good nights' sleep?

Anyway, when your stamina drops to 0% it does inc when you dont play shots. But thats just silly. It should inc over time by not sprinting. the human body does recover esp when you have breaks.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
it really becomes important when your stamina drops into low double or single digits and means you can't sprint anymore. you just have to manage your running between the wicket. I'm not sure what effect it has on your shots ie. whether it drops your power.

I understand the concept of what they're trying to do but I think its flawed. How can my stamina decrease to 0%? your stamina drops 1% every time you play a shot so even if you block for 200 balls your stamina will probably drop to 0%. Sound right to you?

The whole stamina thing is screwed as well. Whilst the longer you bat your stamina will drop and your confidence will inc (esp when you score 50+), however your partners' stats will show something silly like 95% stamina, 0% confidence...even if they're on 199*. Its bugged. My understanding is you have to simulate a game to get your inc in stamina.

After batting for 2 days for my 202*, I then batted again on Day 3 (late) but my stamina started at 30%. Eh? anyone heard of a good nights' sleep?

Anyway, when your stamina drops to 0% it does inc when you dont play shots. But thats just silly. It should inc over time by not sprinting. the human body does recover esp when you have breaks.

If you leave a ball both your stamina and confidence go up by 1% to 3%. I use this approach in Tests and Odis to manage stamina.

Users who are viewing this thread