How are you doing in your career?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Has anyone been able to hit a Six in carrer mode through the created player? I have tried a lot but always fall short of the boundary.

Yup quite a few, got my 100m six trophy! (I think it was a double step power stroke!)

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Having gone from rookie to first class i think the best way to bat at rookie is to play on the ground and play aggressive ground shots to get fours.

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Having gone from rookie to first class i think the best way to bat at rookie is to play on the ground and play aggressive ground shots to get fours.
Is that using R2 + L2???

mani761

Club Captain
Yes again I won the midlands shield second year club trophy but this time under my captaincy.
15741130_1314673471928819_6798169728469469106_n.jpg

Scott Clague

Club Cricketer
Quality that so early on I'm still having a nightmare batting in career mode though been given some tips to try
Same here mate....I'm hoping this is a bug that your career player is soooo bad at batting and not just me being crap! I think the frustration is that DB14 had the batting balance just right!?!... Was tough but do-able.....sorry I've got to let it go....must move on! (Cries into pillow)

seamingshrimp

Club Cricketer
I would like to kick off by saying there is already lots to love about the new game, and definitely has potential to be even better if a few things are sorted out.

Right now, I'm finding career mode somewhat unplayable. The biggest reason being the absence of any detailed STATS. Unless I'm not looking in the right place, I have nowhere to find my career stats across various formats (unless I'm walking out to bat).

If I continue, will the stats be picked up retrospectively when they inevitably get included in the next patch? I was really excited to see how the numbers side of the game would have progressed to keep in touch with modern game, particularly those specific to each format (% dot balls faced in limited overs, for example).

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Bet AB De Villiers cant play this shot
Early on you just try and stay in by hitting singles

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Same here mate....I'm hoping this is a bug that your career player is soooo bad at batting and not just me being crap! I think the frustration is that DB14 had the batting balance just right!?!... Was tough but do-able.....sorry I've got to let it go....must move on! (Cries into pillow)

Its not a bug, stats make a bigger impact than they did in 14 so you have to get by with just hitting 1s and 2s, and the odd edge to the boundary.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
'Good shot!' - haha! Well, I suppose! I think something similar happened on the last game too IIRC. Nice ground too - created one?

Also, I always feel that the first season or two of this kind of game mode should be a struggle. What's the point if you're hitting fifties in your first few games?

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
'Good shot!' - haha! Well, I suppose! I think something similar happened on the last game too IIRC. Nice ground too - created one?

Also, I always feel that the first season or two of this kind of game mode should be a struggle. What's the point if you're hitting fifties in your first few games?

Its taken me 2 seasons to get promoted to first class

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Its taken me 2 seasons to get promoted to first class

Yeah, I was posting that part more in reply to the other person saying batting is too difficult early on. I was always getting out in single figures in my first season in DBC 14 but I loved the challenge of inproving, haha! Took me ages to figure out my own batting approach properly, which will hopefully help when I get the new game now. I still want it to be tough early on though, so a couple of seasons at club level like you say sounds about right to me!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Still stuck playing for my club. Only could get up to like 25-30 runs each game. But I hit 68 off 42 at 4 when my team was in trouble and I led them with my partner at the other end to 168 from 62/5. Satisfied with the knock. Also got man of the match.
For me batting is seeming difficult for me in DBC 17 than DBC 14.
Playing at pro at Normal difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread