How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
There is a bit of a conflict with an adaptive system. If you can't compete, then the difficulty would decrease. If you are doing well, the difficulty increases. But doesn't that mean that the career is weighted in a specific way and the player would get similar results every career. Isn't that something you would aim to avoid? I personally think it would make more sense to have a manual difficulty system and allow the players to choose for themselves.

It has to be a joke right, because that would be stereotyping why cant you spot fix with other countries... ofcourse however you were joking though because your not an ignorant twat

I think you'll find that was a tongue-in-cheek rhetorical question, but whatever rocks your jocks.

Games with "Adaptive" difficulty don't ask you to choose a difficulty level at the start, or they specifically ask you to select an option for adaptive AI. For example, on madden (Madden 10 IIRC, don't recall seeing it on Madden 13) you could select Adaptive/custom difficulty level and depending how you play, AI's difficulty level is adjusted accordingly for various aspects of gameplay. You may be at "All Madden" level for passing, "All Pro" for pass defense, "Rookie" for running and "Pro" level for running defense.

This approach really does add a lot to longevity as AI always plays tough and there are hardly any blowouts. In cricketing terms it would be great if AI can adjust difficulty levels for batting, bowling and fielding independent of each other. I mean if I'm proficient in batting but struggle at bowling and absolutely suck at fielding I would prefer to bat at "Veteran", bowl at "Pro" and field at "Village" level.

Totally agree with this

But id still rather it be based on the skill of the individual opponet

For example, Batting against Zimbawe needs to be alot easier than Batting against Sth Africa, no matter what the Difficulty level is!!

So I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but always forget. To what degree do the players and teams change around you? By this I mean do players retire, team line-ups change, new youth player regens come through, player transfers occur etc.?

Also, in the career mode will we be able to look at the stats of the other players? For example if my career player is John Smith, will I be able to have a peek at Michael Clarke's career stats?

So I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but always forget. To what degree do the players and teams change around you? By this I mean do players retire, team line-ups change, new youth player regens come through, player transfers occur etc.?

Also, in the career mode will we be able to look at the stats of the other players? For example if my career player is John Smith, will I be able to have a peek at Michael Clarke's career stats?

could someone please answer his question :)

To add to that, do other players around you improve their skills as well?

Ross: Will we get extra points for fielding for the full match?? :)

Also been wondering about other players' development through the game, what happens to international lineups through the years and so on. Not sure if it's been mentioned. Also wondering, having created myself in CA today, and I think someone told me I can copy that data in at the start of Career mode, but what happens about my skills, attributes, etc. Are they reset at low levels automatically for the start of Career and then built up through the game, or do I need to set them appropriately beforehand?

Yep, the career mode makes a copy of the created player that has reset skills and is 16 years old. As you play through you skill up and age.

Yep, the career mode makes a copy of the created player that has reset skills and is 16 years old. As you play through you skill up and age.

I am glad you mentioned the ageing process through the career, did you see, or would it be possible to see, how it goes through a career via some screenshots? I'd love to see how it works, do the players get bigger, then a few wrinkles set in, the hair greys and recedes and maybe you get a bit chunky round the middle!! Physically does the player at first get faster and stronger, but as years go buy start to become less so??
Also as I've created my player as 36, does the career mode make him more youthful to start with and by the end if the 20 years start to look more like my creation?

I am glad you mentioned the ageing process through the career, did you see, or would it be possible to see, how it goes through a career via some screenshots?
Nope - I didn't get a chance to see aging. I assume it'd be the same as if you take the age slider in the facial features section, which I had set very low on mine anyway, so I probably wouldn't have noticed if that was set to the bottom on my player.

Would be interesting if there was more to it.

Yea it would, I wonder if hbk could shed any more light in it if if its possible for them to post s time lapse sequence similar to the ball wear video to show us how they go about it!

just finished my 1st year as my player in nba 2k12

Im hoping they have based the skill points and career progression very similar to the nba 2k model because it really is a wonderful game

I havent tried nba 2k14 yet, i think i might have to look at getting that if dbc isnt coming out for the next few months

Users who are viewing this thread