Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
...could be just me, but that Pirate seems slightly camp?

B9Um1dC.gif

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is a DBC14 limited edition on sale on amazon which is slightly cheaper than steam. I care less about the steel book & DVD provided with it. I just want to know is there any advantage of buying DBC14 through steam? or should i just buy a hard copy?
1. Would i get access to planet cricket DBC14 download forum if i buy a hard copy?
2. What about updates and patches if i buy a hard copy?
3. Would i get a steam ID of the game if i buy a hard copy? I assume it does but still i want to confirm. I don't want to buy a hard copy & later realize that i made a mistake.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^
1. Yes
2. The only purpose of buying a hard copy is to avoid downloading the setup files (1.8 GB) from Steam. Once you install the game from the disk, you'll need to activate it via Steam to be able to play
3. Yes. You'll need to create a Steam account in order to play the game even if you purchase a physical disk and install the game via the same.

ABHIII

Club Captain
Thanks, I'll buy a hard copy then. I already have a steam account. I've been using it to play other games.

blackcapsfan

Club Captain
I am just wondering, I already have a steam copy of the game which I bought and have over 100 hours of play. If I buy a retail PC version, is it mandatory to update the game or can it just be activated without updating the game? I am considering purchasing a PC retail version and playing the game without any patches so I can at least bat properly.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I am just wondering, I already have a steam copy of the game which I bought and have over 100 hours of play. If I buy a retail PC version, is it mandatory to update the game or can it just be activated without updating the game? I am considering purchasing a PC retail version and playing the game without any patches so I can at least bat properly.
The PC retail version is the Steam version on a disc. You get a Steam key with it to activate the game, and the disc just serves to copy the files initially.

Likewise, the 'no patches' PC version contains the console patch 2 - so you can't go back to the equivalent of the pre-patch console version.

tandy45

Club Captain
Just purchased the steam version of the game (currently downloading - will shoot steam Id and verification code shortly.), I own the ps3 version too and just wondering what if anything are the differences, aside from steam auto updating and modding. It's the first time I've had a pc capable of gaming so it's like being introduced to the best candy shop in the world!. I am guessing i'll also be able to download my created player, though afaik i'll not be able to keep his innings played, runs/wickets i've accumulated from my ps3 career

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just purchased the steam version of the game (currently downloading - will shoot steam Id and verification code shortly.), I own the ps3 version too and just wondering what if anything are the differences, aside from steam auto updating and modding. It's the first time I've had a pc capable of gaming so it's like being introduced to the best candy shop in the world!. I am guessing i'll also be able to download my created player, though afaik i'll not be able to keep his innings played, runs/wickets i've accumulated from my ps3 career

Prettier graphics, and smoother gameplay (assuming your PC is any way decent of course). We also have the added honour of being guinea pigs for client updates![DOUBLEPOST=1408354684][/DOUBLEPOST]
The PC retail version is the Steam version on a disc. You get a Steam key with it to activate the game, and the disc just serves to copy the files initially.

Likewise, the 'no patches' PC version contains the console patch 2 - so you can't go back to the equivalent of the pre-patch console version.

Exactly this. I don't think its possible to cheat Steam and play with an unpatched copy since you'd have to use the 'play offline' mode from Steam, and this is not available if the game client is not current. If Steam detects that the game is not patched up to the correct version, it'll prompt you to patch it immediately before launching the game. You can't turn off your internet connection neither, since Steam won't launch the game until you are logged in.

tandy45

Club Captain
Prettier graphics, and smoother gameplay (assuming your PC is any way decent of course). We also have the added honour of being guinea pigs for client updates!

Awesome cheers, having to wait to be able to play on the pc, turns out my wireless xbox controller and the plug and play kit aren't viable for playing on the pc so awaiting delivery of the xbox 360 pc controller. Having a look through the various mod screenshots and drooling so hopefully the next day or so won't drag too badly!.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Awesome cheers, having to wait to be able to play on the pc, turns out my wireless xbox controller and the plug and play kit aren't viable for playing on the pc so awaiting delivery of the xbox 360 pc controller. Having a look through the various mod screenshots and drooling so hopefully the next day or so won't drag too badly!.

Yeah the plug and play kit just transmits power but not data. What you'd actually need is one of these:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

But you've ordered a wired controller now anyway, so that's not a problem :)

tandy45

Club Captain
Yeah the plug and play kit just transmits power but not data. What you'd actually need is one of these:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

But you've ordered a wired controller now anyway, so that's not a problem :)

That I hadn't realised, too much set in the ways of the console I think, though I'm using the additional time waiting to fine tune my batting, if anyone want's a quick T20 or something over the following weeks, my steam name is tandy45, Original I know! shoot me a quick message/invite and I'll try and arrange something at some stage.

kanishk22798

School Cricketer
Anyone that is having the game crash upon hitting start and having the game attempt to set up a profile. I would like you to take the following steps.

Attached to this post is a rar file that has a blank profile save on it, what I would like anyone with this issue to do is extract the .sav file in the rar and then place that in your Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder by going to:
My Documents>My Games>Don Bradman Cricket 14

We believe this should fix the issue.

I will be PMing anyone that runs into crashes, if you want to mention me so I see it quicker that's fine too, same with PMing me first.

Thanks.
its still crashing\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread