Not open for further replies.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Wait a minute, is steam id and steam key the same? If not, I need the latter one.
And my one might or might not be pirated [what's the definition of "pirated version"?]

The message you quoted there tells you how to get your Steam ID in the form that the game reads it (long number). The Steam Key will be a code inside the game box which allows you to add it to your Steam Library. Given that your original query was regarding not being able to update your teams, then you must have been able to boot up the game. A legally bought copy of DBC14 needs a valid Steam purchase/key in order to run, whether its from a box or not.

You've inadvertantly caught yourself out there. If you dont have a Steam Key and you've booted up the game, then you do not have a genuine copy, period. And the issue updating teams is caused by that.

Seriously. Go buy a genuine copy of the game. No-ones being fooled here.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And the issue updating teams is caused by that.

Actually, I'm not sure if that would be enough to prove whether the copy is legal or pirated. I still haven't found a solution to "Get Best" for my copy of the game. The farthest that the update could go was 16/79 teams.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Actually, I'm not sure if that would be enough to prove whether the copy is legal or pirated. I still haven't found a solution to "Get Best" for my copy of the game. The farthest that the update could go was 16/79 teams.

The guy admitted he needs a Steam Key, but has trouble updating teams which means he must be able to boot the game up. We all know a valid Steam activation be that digital or via a Steam Key is needed, and he has no Steam Key. His copy must be Pirated. There's no other conclusion that can be drawn from this.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I couldn't find your account on the Steam Community search...

Follow the instructions in this post to verify your copy.

Accessing the Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads Forum - PlanetCricket Forums

This is him. Same avatar but the profile is private.

WyqETmE.jpg

Steam Community :: Tim Smith

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

So apparently you live in Sydney, and bought a retail version of the game for $24. And that retail version of the game didn't come with a Steam key. But yet you can somehow play the game...and you're just finding it difficult to update your teams.

Cos that doesn't sound like complete and utter bullshit at all....

I'd love to know where in Sydney you can buy the game for $24

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
Wait a minute, is steam id and steam key the same? If not, I need the latter one.
And my one might or might not be pirated [what's the definition of "pirated version"?]

Can you please just follow the instructions that were given, what happens when you go into the game, options, then credits, exit then paste into notepad or even the post box here?

vc4u

School Cricketer
To be clear, you won't need the disk to play after the install and activation on Steam.

Thanks guys for the help so far. Something new query I've here :-) ... while I have ordered and downloaded the game from Steam, I'm certainly very new to steam.

So I would like to ask, do I have to open steam application now always and then play the game, or is there a better way to put the game shortcut to desktop and play it from there? :-)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So I would like to ask, do I have to open steam application now always and then play the game, or is there a better way to put the game shortcut to desktop and play it from there? :-)

Even if you start the game from the shortcut on desktop, Steam will auto start and ask you to login (if you didn't keep the "Remember Me" option checked). Another option is Steam's offline mode, but that is something I haven't tried out yet.

vc4u

School Cricketer
Even if you start the game from the shortcut on desktop, Steam will auto start and ask you to login (if you didn't keep the "Remember Me" option checked). Another option is Steam's offline mode, but that is something I haven't tried out yet.

Thanks for the reply, actually what I wanted was to directly open BLC 14 from desktop :-), till now I have to double Click Steam icon, and then find my BLC in Library and click Play Now. I was looking for a way to place BLC icon directly on Desktop, so I just double click it and play the game. I've been fairly new to Steam so I couldn't figure out this earlier :-) .. now I found the way to do just that :-D ...

Steam --> Library --> right click game --> create desktop shortcut

... that's it.

Aranya Das XD

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
well i'm, sorry if i've offended the laws, but please can anyone tell how i can download the game from steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread