ICC World Cricket League Divison 4

Also do Nepalese players only have a limited playing span or something? They seem to do well at Under 19s level but at senior level aren't up there

I presume that once they've left school, they don't play as much, and have jobs that require them not to travel playing cricket?

I guess. I know for a fact that A Nepalese U-19 Team beat a Pakistani one that was captained by Salman Butt.

I guess. I know for a fact that A Nepalese U-19 Team beat a Pakistani one that was captained by Salman Butt.

They beat New Zealand in the world cup plate final during the 2006 under 19 world cup too. It wasn't the strongest team New Zealand have ever sent to a youth world cup but still included players like Martin Guptill and Tim Southee.

I don't know why I'm rooting for Nepal. Probably because they're the only subcontinent country that isn't a Test nation.

Also do Nepalese players only have a limited playing span or something? They seem to do well at Under 19s level but at senior level aren't up there

Most of them go to India to pursue their higher education. Thats probably why you dont see them playing for their country much.

So USA and Italy qualified, surprised about the former, but they made the most of home advantage, after a slow start which included a hammering by Nepal, they played really well to beat USA and dark horses Tanzania to go through.

Nepal's defeat to Tanzania cost them, I think in this tournament and other ones, they've shown that they are strong bowling but a bit weak with the batting. It's bad for a country where the game is getting popular and when their U-19 has done so well, I guess a "brain drain" to India doesn't help. If it's any consolation they'll get a chance at promotion in in the World Cricket League 4 in 2012 where they probably won't have strong teams like USA in the group.

Until they start taking graduated u-19, u-25 players, I wont follow.

McLOVIN added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Look at Cush. Playing for the states here and then going to the CL with Guyana.
we will be the next England.

Taking players from Argentina, Caribbean, Canada. + the Subcon. players

Then it will be 5 more years but as Dare said, we have some noteworthy players. Hell even Sushil is back in form, I have seen that guy dominate the Texas league with my own eyes, good to see he is back in some nick.

This is a big big deal, the other associates love to hate us for the perceived favorable treatment we get from the ICC. This vindicates us somewhat.

During NZ-SL series in FL, they were talking about how they should look at the bigger picture. Not waste time with guys like Nassir. Find the guys in their 20s to play. Because it's their time. They will play, they will grow, they will improve, and they will perform.

But these guys are not going anywhere. In 5 years they will suck. And in the mean time it will be too little too late for the guys who are ready now.

McLOVIN added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

And can't wait for an ACTUAL American board to run the show. Wonder when will that happen.

30 years? 40 Years?

Lol, its not as if the youth are sitting around playing with their weiners. The youth is slowly being integrated but these are must win matches for us. We use the talent we currently have to advance while slowly introducing the youth in. After all we have a 16 year old in the squad!

No point in tossing in the youth (guys like Tayler, Corns etc) and letting them get hammered all the way back down the DIVISION 6. This is associate cricket, having players in mid to late 30s is a bit more acceptable.

Mark added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

And can't wait for an ACTUAL American board to run the show. Wonder when will that happen.

30 years? 40 Years?

Do you have some personal vendetta against USACA? they have done more for cricket here than any other previous governing body. There is an ICC approved stadium in the country, we have hosted International Cricket, we have moved from DIVISION 6 to 3! Oh and the CEO is a white American.

Users who are viewing this thread