India Team Discussion

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hate the GG obsessive fans, but love the guy.

18194659_1317817021587106_5221972614259900317_n.jpg

S

Satan666

New ICC model will lead to INR 2000 crore loss: BCCI | Cricbuzz.com

"It's a loss to the government and it needs to be pointed out in absolute clarity. Not just the BCCI's state units, even the centre will lose money. It's shocking how certain people are viewing this new revenue sharing model as a means to justifying hiked remuneration for countries like Afghanistan and Zimbabwe. We want to improve on our own infrastructure and some people want to go around distributing it to others," an administrator said.

Excellent read.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So, after all this, Dhawan and Rahane make the ODI team! No Chahal, No K Yadav! Absolutely ludicrous if you ask me!! Don't even want to mention Uthappa and Pant.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So, after all this, Dhawan and Rahane make the ODI team! No Chahal, No K Yadav! Absolutely ludicrous if you ask me!! Don't even want to mention Uthappa and Pant.

Is an ICC tournament the best time to blood in youngsters? We have another couple of years to go for the World Cup and countless ODIs to go as well. I`d rather try out guys like Pant in those series. Scoring runs in the IPL and doing the same against international attacks in England is a totally different cup of tea.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is an ICC tournament the best time to blood in youngsters? We have another couple of years to go for the World Cup and countless ODIs to go as well. I`d rather try out guys like Pant in those series. Scoring runs in the IPL and doing the same against international attacks in England is a totally different cup of tea.

Uthappa is not a youngster. Also, this can be seen as a brilliant opportunity to prepare for the WC. I'll remind you that a certain Yuvraj Singh made his debut in the CT!

Pant is more than ready for international cricket. Uthappa has made a mountain of runs for donkey's years now and if experience is your argument and the CT is so important then there's always Gambhir to go to! Dhawan and Rahane have both not only failed as opener's but also been guilty of sucking all the momentum out of the innings and have not done anything great to warrant selection. So while you're saying that making runs in the IPL doesn't merit selection, Dhawan and Rahane have been unable to do exactly that against the same attacks. Even if you eliminate the IPL, what is the basis for Dhawan's selection apart from his friendship with VK? Mind you, this comes from a huge VK fan!

From any point of objectivity, Rahane and Dhawan don't merit/warrant selection ahead of at least 3/4 other cricketers! I'd even say the same about R Ashwin, but @SaiSrini will get upset! Again, I'm the same guy who stood for Rahane when the useless argument between him and newly crowned triple centurion Nair was raging.

In my opinion, we have a pretty weak set of openers and our spinners will struggle to pick wickets in the middle overs including Jadeja who I'm a fan of. I also don't get the Shami selection, but hey, what do I know?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Uthappa is not a youngster. Also, this can be seen as a brilliant opportunity to prepare for the WC. I'll remind you that a certain Yuvraj Singh made his debut in the CT!

Pant is more than ready for international cricket. Uthappa has made a mountain of runs for donkey's years now and if experience is your argument and the CT is so important then there's always Gambhir to go to! Dhawan and Rahane have both not only failed as opener's but also been guilty of sucking all the momentum out of the innings and have not done anything great to warrant selection. So while you're saying that making runs in the IPL doesn't merit selection, Dhawan and Rahane have been unable to do exactly that against the same attacks. Even if you eliminate the IPL, what is the basis for Dhawan's selection apart from his friendship with VK? Mind you, this comes from a huge VK fan!

From any point of objectivity, Rahane and Dhawan don't merit/warrant selection ahead of at least 3/4 other cricketers! I'd even say the same about R Ashwin, but @SaiSrini will get upset! Again, I'm the same guy who stood for Rahane when the useless argument between him and newly crowned triple centurion Nair was raging.

In my opinion, we have a pretty weak set of openers and our spinners will struggle to pick wickets in the middle overs including Jadeja who I'm a fan of. I also don't get the Shami selection, but hey, what do I know?

Who would you pick ahead of Shami? If fully fit, he will be an asset with the new ball in England. In order to do well, we need to pick wickets in the CT. Shami, Bhuvi and Yadav are all wicket-takers. Spin, in my opinion, will play a strictly limiting role. Jadeja should be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread