Let it rain!

travder92

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, we did this last time too - I have control over rain, crashes, wides, controller malfunctions, all sorts of things - at least they can give us some comedic relief with their comments on the torrent sites :)

I particularly like when it says to change the batteries in the controller and they are playing a pirate version with a hack to allow keyboard play.

Can you turn my crashes off? I have a receipt I swear. :(

Actually on that random tidbit, the game doesn't CTD when it detects the internet drop out does it? I have flaky FTTN where I have to reset my Ethernet adapter every so often so I hope that isn't contributing to my constant crash woes...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Actually on that random tidbit, the game doesn't CTD when it detects the internet drop out does it? I have flaky FTTN where I have to reset my Ethernet adapter every so often so I hope that isn't contributing to my constant crash woes...
No - the online check is a once off per launch, not an always online requirement - once you're at the main menu it doesn't need a connection.

travder92

Club Captain
No - the online check is a once off per launch, not an always online requirement - once you're at the main menu it doesn't need a connection.

Bugger I was hoping that might have been the rabbit hole! The new graphics driver seemed to alleviate the issue but it still randomly crashes every half hour or so. Might be the same thing making the PS4 version crash who knows!

School Cricketer
Haha so funny! If only you made this much effort on the console game, people who paid for the game would have a playable game.

prasoonvidhu

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So you're saying you didn't know you downloaded (without paying mind you) an illegal copy? Sounds legit.
Seems to me he deliberately downloaded the pirated copy out of annoyance with ps4 version

Cozza

Club Cricketer
I love it when dev's mess with pirates. The complaints are golden.
Remind's me of Arma. Saw allot of complaints when in the middle of a gun fight people turned into seagulls.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I bought the the PS4 game.. but with the issues i thought maybe i should download the pc version and i did.. first i thought it was also bug. but then i saw many users who got the pirated version also has the same bug.. so i figured it was the crack. and i deleted the post...
How and from where did ypu download? Did you pay? If not you knew very clearly you were downloading the pirated version

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I bought the the PS4 game.. but with the issues i thought maybe i should download the pc version and i did.. first i thought it was also bug. but then i saw many users who got the pirated version also has the same bug.. so i figured it was the crack. and i deleted the post...

Legitimately purchased games don't require a crack.

Thehairygamer

Club Cricketer
What the heck..can't u understand english??? go read it again...

Have to say, the way it read to me was you bought in on PS4, wanted it on PC as well so downloaded it (without buying it on PC) and had the same issues as everyone else who pirated it. If that is right, then it is still wrong. Just cause you buy it on one platform doesn't mean you get to own it on all. Other wise I should go into a store and tell them I bought it on Xbox so they should give me the PS4 version too

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Bugger I was hoping that might have been the rabbit hole! The new graphics driver seemed to alleviate the issue but it still randomly crashes every half hour or so. Might be the same thing making the PS4 version crash who knows!
Is there any pattern to the crash - like the event happening before hand?

travder92

Club Captain
Is there any pattern to the crash - like the event happening before hand?

No sadly not, tends to only happen in a match though. Can be batting or bowling or watching a replay happens anytime. I checked thru my Dxdiag logs and haven't had cricket.exe mentioned at all since that driver update but it still crashes. It's not always just a bang to desktop crash though a couple of times I've had the 'cricket.exe has encountered a problem' yadda yadda and tries to send its report off to Microsoft and I have to end the process to get out of the black screen. Quite bizarre. I don't think DBC17 has its own separate log file for errors anywhere does it?

EDIT: Sometimes I can play as long as half an hour no problems then bang crash, other times I'll only last a few minutes in game before it dies.

Users who are viewing this thread