My reccomendation's for the season and the event as a whole

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think we need to make the season as interesting as we could so that more and more people take notice.

These are a few things that could be implemented to do that.

1)Mid-Season Transfer period(2 weeks perhaps)

2)Twenty-Twenty games

3)A Superseries where the best player's from the 6 teams play's an international side in a series(Perhaps towards the end of the season)

4)Budget Rule-In this rule each player would be given a price-tag according to his performance in the season and then each team would also have a certain amount according to no. of wins etc,then in mid season using that amount teams can buy/sell player's.This could also be adopted in future season's.

5)Man-of the Match & Man of the Series awards-Something like vcash or something else(maybe sim points or something) could be awarded to mom and mos player's.

6)Varying averages-Initially we could stick to a predefined avg for each player but as the season progresses averages should be varied according to performances.

Looking fwd to hearing other's views on this.Cheers.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Interestin thoughts.
How would the mid-season transfer work? Most players I take would want to go with the best team.

Money would be good :)

Averages should be possible as the one at BC has some average thing. Don't know how they did it but they have it.

sid_19840

International Coach
aussie1st said:
Interestin thoughts.
How would the mid-season transfer work? Most players I take would want to go with the best team.

It would be made related with the money aspect,if clubs are generally doing poorly but one or two player's are doing well,then the club could sell the player for more money(so that they could buy player's)and the player would also benefit.Any new member's who want to apply after the season begins can post in a thread,and they would be alloted pretty cheap values so that struggling clubs can easily get these player's.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
1) Good idea, not sure anyone would bother trading though.

2) Yes, would be fun.

3) Another good idea, could also be the best 22 players lining up against each other

4) Nah, sounds complicated lol

5) Sounds good if it happens

6) Defeats the purpose a little. You're supposed to rave on about how great you are despite being no better than anyone else...it's much better like that :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
sid_19840 said:
It would be made related with the money aspect,if clubs are generally doing poorly but one or two player's are doing well,then the club could sell the player for more money(so that they could buy player's)and the player would also benefit.Any new member's who want to apply after the season begins can post in a thread,and they would be alloted pretty cheap values so that struggling clubs can easily get these player's.

Sounds good to me, of course I'm not running this so I wouldn't have to figure all these prices out.

sid_19840

International Coach
tassietiger said:
4) Nah, sounds complicated lol

Its very easy to understand,each club has a finance budget and each player costs an amount.You can only buy the player's that are affordable and if you sell a player-your team finance automatically increases according to the money paid by the club buying him.

Bala

International Coach
If I am not wrong, The minimum no of overs that can be played is 25. So a 20/20 match might not be possible. Q basic programming anyone?

Also I am all for the transfers! adds more fun.

sid_19840

International Coach
aussie1st said:
Sounds good to me, of course I'm not running this so I wouldn't have to figure all these prices out.

I could illustrate a few model's of how this could work if other's want me to.

brad352

Executive member
aussie1st said:
Averages should be possible as the one at BC has some average thing. Don't know how they did it but they have it.
All that is is keeping stats for people over the season

I think changing averages is too much work and really has no point, budgets the same. IIRC the simulator only does 25 over games. Man of the match can be done, not a bad idea. All a superseries would be is more games to simulate for whoever does it and doesn't have much point, not too many people would really care about what happens in an inconsequential game as opposed to the real comp- if anyone wants to sim that by themselves they could anyway. A transfer period could possibly work depending on how it's done.

A lot of your suggestions are just needlessly complicating things and making more work, it's just a bit of fun- I think man of the match/season can be done and depending how it's done a trading period could be interesting.

sid_19840

International Coach
brad352 said:
All that is is keeping stats for people over the season

I think changing averages is too much work and really has no point, budgets the same. IIRC the simulator only does 25 over games. Man of the match can be done, not a bad idea. All a superseries would be is more games to simulate for whoever does it and doesn't have much point, not too many people would really care about what happens in an inconsequential game as opposed to the real comp- if anyone wants to sim that by themselves they could anyway. A transfer period could possibly work depending on how it's done.

A lot of your suggestions are just needlessly complicating things and making more work, it's just a bit of fun- I think man of the match/season can be done and depending how it's done a trading period could be interesting.

I agree,I was simply posting everything that came to my mind :p.

But I genuinely beleive that the money idea could be considered.

ok,here is a simple way that the money idea could be implemented.

THE OUTSIDE VIEW

All manager's and player's need to be worried abt is the value.Manager's will be given a club value(eg:1000) and there will be a player list,all they can do is bid for a player whose value is lesser(i.e less than 1000).

A player may or maynot join the club he is being bid for.

Once a player is bought,the club that sold the player will have

Club points=Current club points+player points

Eg-If a player's value is 500 and the club that sold him has 600 atm,then after selling the club will have 600+500=1100 points.

THE INSIDE VIEW

This is the slightly harder part,but if wanted Im prepared to execute what Im saying here practically.

Each club will be given a default value to start with eg-500.Then for every win they recieve 100 points and for every loss 50 is deducted.If a club's points get way too negative they will be forced to sell player's.

OPTIONAL:If the club's values gets too low(-10000 eg) then that club might have a new manager etc and the current one will be booted :p

Every player's value depends on form.

Every player is given a default value as his starting value,then according to a range a player score's runs his value will increase/decrease.

EG-(Performances in last 2 matches)

For Batsman-

Scored <20: -20 points
Scored 50 : +20 points
Scored 100+: +50 points. .....etc

tassietiger

International Cricketer
That would make sense except you'd need the averages changing as well...because I'd just buy all of the cheapies because I know everyone is equal.

sid_19840

International Coach
tassietiger said:
That would make sense except you'd need the averages changing as well...because I'd just buy all of the cheapies because I know everyone is equal.

Well yes,the averages will be analogous to the player's value,the same algorithm which was used for player values can also be used for averages.

rickyp

International Coach
ill take all those ideas on board, here are my comments for each respectively:
1. Although this is a good concept, id rather just have transfers at the end of each season.

2. At the mid point of the season im going to have a 20-20 knock out championship (top 2 teams at the time get double life)

3. I had that in mind already, great idea, thanks for reminding me

4. as you said, too soon to do now, im going to talk to ste depending on the succes of this season as to get each manager x amount of vcash that players can be bought for, this would be rather confusing but it would mean we could literally auction players depending on how much they are wanted.

5. Another very good idea, ill talk to ste about it, something like 500 for the match 5000 for the series.

6. Like the super series, I have been thinking about this for a while, like bigfooty i was going to reward players with a bonus on there averages depending on their international caps (ie. 1 point each cap)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions btw

This is an idea of my own - a draft

at the end of the season, we fill 2 teams with new players and face them off against each other to determine the better players (best players with better averages) and we draft them with priority picks and stuff

sid_19840

International Coach
If you want me to take responsibilty of handling the money value's for player's and clubs let me know and I'll be glad to.

Users who are viewing this thread