New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh October/November 2013

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Southee in for Bracewell would be the only change that I'd make going into the WI Test series. Batting wise if they're going to make any changes it can't be for anyone other than McCullum, which isn't going to happen.

Agreed, but it could be interesting if Ryder comes into the mix, maybe not until the Indian tour. I'd really like Latham to come in to one of the opening spots but its probably fair to give Fulton and Rutherford another series or two. We have chopped and changed too much in the past.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not sure on Vettori. He hasn't play a FC game in 15 months, and in the first half of 2012 he only took 5 wickets in 5 Tests. It probably isn't going to happen, but he needs to go back to the Plunket Shield and get some FC wickets and FC bowling under his belt, I can just see him returning for like the HRV Cup or something though.

Re Ryder, I'd like to see him there, but as I said above the only batsmen they can really drop for him is McCullum, which isn't going to happen. I guess they could move McCullum up to open again and drop one of the openers, and then slot Ryder into five.

Owzat

International Coach
I can't see us losing it, tbh I can't even see Bangladesh setting us anything reasonable, they'll probably just take the draw considering the position they were in.

I think Bangladesh lose so much they'll take any draw. 81 Tests played, 67 losses and these 2 draws add up to 1/5 of their overall draws and 1/7 of the games they haven't lost.

And having lost 7 in a row to start their Test career against New Zealand, they've now lost only 1 of their last 4 against you, although in fairness those 3 draws were all in Bangladesh (P6 W3 D3 L0)

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bangladesh v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Mirpur : '4-0 will play on New Zealand's minds' - Mushfiqur Rahim | Cricket News | Bangladesh v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

I really do hope we can give them a fair hiding in the ODIs, Mushfiqur has been doing far too much talking lately without backing any of it up.

Bangladesh are a much better limited overs team than a test team. I am sure they will give tough time to Kiwis and if the '4-0' does play on their mind, Bangladesh will want to grab the opportunity and make an upset.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I think we're overdoing the all-rounders just slightly. NMac at 8, Mills at 9, Southee at 10, and Mitch at 11 is still a very strong tail. We only really need one of Anderson or Neesham, they fill the exact same role, and Elliott is similar as well.

----------

Okay, just reading this article (Bangladesh v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Mirpur : Bowlers will be rotated - Brendon McCullum | Cricket News | Bangladesh v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo) and it looks like we're not going to see a full strength team throughout the series (or in SL without McCullum and Taylor playing there).

Chewie

BCCI President
woo southee :clap

Not really that surprised seeing Devcich get hammered

ferg512

International Coach
Whens Guptill gonna be back?

----------

Wow can't believe Elliotts getting a bowl, please don't lose this one guys.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
RRR of 5.91 might make things look on Bangladesh's side but NZ bat till #10 so they would not mind a RRR of 8/9 in the last 15 odd overs with a few hitters in the lower middle order.

EDIT: Now is the time for Bangladesh to get few overs in by Nasir Hossain or Naeem Islam. 3 wickets are down for NZ and there are plenty of overs left. Elliot might continue his risk free cricket but Bangladesh might get the wicket of Anderson in the process of hitting a non-regular bowler out of the park. Another advantage for Bangladesh will be that Razzak, their best bowler, will have plenty of overs left in the later stage of the innings which would be very crucial.

Last edited:

ferg512

International Coach
Ah, great... well done Bangladesh, I will have to look at the D/L scores though because it seems quite ridiculous in terms of the target we were set after the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread