Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just watched the highlights. Yasir bowled well, with good variations in spin, flight and pace. A couple of his wickets were gifted, but he deserved this 5-fer. Definitely the best spinner in Test cricket right now.
I think Wahab should pepper Broad with bouncers till the new ball is available, and then hopefully Aamir will do rest. He hasn't looked at his best yet though. Hopefully he'll find his feet sooner rather than later.

dp458

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Average bowling, tbh. He took one wicket on a ball that spun too much. All the other balls were quite average.[DOUBLEPOST=1468603564][/DOUBLEPOST]Straight off of ESPN.

"81 wickets in 13 Tests for Yasir Shah. No bowler had more than 81 at this stage of career. No bowler in 139 years history of Test cricket. Well done, Yasir."

Yasir showing what England lack , in a spinner that can land it consistently, and build pressure

dp458

Club Captain
I watched a bit of todays play and I must admit Yasir Shah is a genius. Mohammad Amir performed how I expected him to, good but nothing out of this world. I don't know what Ballance is doing in the line-up, honestly he's such utter crap I'd rather chuck Liam Dawson, Scott Borthwick, Zafer Ansari or any other decent batting all rounder and drop Ali for Anderson and Ball for Stokes. My line up for the second test (I don't know if everyone is fit or not):

Cook
Hales
Root
Spinning all rounder
Vince
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Broad
Finn/Ball/Whoever
Anderson

Also do you guys think Bairstow can bat at 3? Purely on batting (not taking his wicket keeping duties into consideration) I think he could be a good shout but I have a feeling his technique wouldn't hold up against the new ball...

Balance was very lucky to get picked. People like hildreth and borthwock can be rightly annoyed.

The 3 spinners you mentioned are all cry different. Borthwick is a batsman these days. But I think his spin is as good as the majority so he could play as the spinner and bat 3/4 , allowing an extra proper batsman.

Ansari I really like and have seen a lot of whilst at Cambridge, and he will be going to India, but while surrey have shifted him around the order. He would bat 7/8 with Woakes for England. Dawson is Niles behind ansari with bat and ball in red ball, but slightly ahead in white ball formats as far as I can see. But I'd be tempted to pick ansari or even Rashid over Mo if England's top order was working properly

Vairstow isn't a top order player end of, although I'd like in the ling run him to give up the gloves for a proper keeper and bat 5

Vince hasn't done anything for me and shouldn't be there. Hales although cemented for the short term is still a long term issue. But I do like root at 3

For the next test I'd go
Cook
Hales
Root
Borthwick
Hildreth
Bairstow
Stokes
Mo
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Ali is lucky to stay , but I'd share his overs with borthwock and if borthwock bowls well/better than mo , for the third I'd drop mo for a keeper who can actually keep , which would probably be foakes

The issue for England is that is also basically the team that plays in India. Although I can see moeen sliding up the order for a batsman and the spinner/s coming in that way. All the main spin options bat too, so you'd have a lot of bowlers and a lot of batting if you went something like this , so I'd be picking the best keeper as they can bat 9

Cook
Hales
Root
Borthwock
Bairstow
Stokes /Woakes
Ali
Woakes/ansari/Rashid
Flakes/keeper
Broad
Anderson

India will prepare turners , and if borthwock is playing I'd rather ansari over Rashid for the variety in the spin attack

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Nice performance by Pakistan, cateogrically on edge at this stage with the superb bowling lineup they have. I liked Aamir aggression, His hunger for wickets and doing some match winning performance is reflecting through his eyes and expressions. He'll eventually win it for Pakistan in this series Insha'ALLAH with a remarkable performance.

Yasir is a gem bowler. Hopes Pakistan will wrap up the rest of England batting sooner today and take a good lead for chase.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Balance was very lucky to get picked. People like hildreth and borthwock can be rightly annoyed.

The 3 spinners you mentioned are all cry different. Borthwick is a batsman these days. But I think his spin is as good as the majority so he could play as the spinner and bat 3/4 , allowing an extra proper batsman.

Ansari I really like and have seen a lot of whilst at Cambridge, and he will be going to India, but while surrey have shifted him around the order. He would bat 7/8 with Woakes for England. Dawson is Niles behind ansari with bat and ball in red ball, but slightly ahead in white ball formats as far as I can see. But I'd be tempted to pick ansari or even Rashid over Mo if England's top order was working properly

Vairstow isn't a top order player end of, although I'd like in the ling run him to give up the gloves for a proper keeper and bat 5

Vince hasn't done anything for me and shouldn't be there. Hales although cemented for the short term is still a long term issue. But I do like root at 3

For the next test I'd go
Cook
Hales
Root
Borthwick
Hildreth
Bairstow
Stokes
Mo
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Ali is lucky to stay , but I'd share his overs with borthwock and if borthwock bowls well/better than mo , for the third I'd drop mo for a keeper who can actually keep , which would probably be foakes

The issue for England is that is also basically the team that plays in India. Although I can see moeen sliding up the order for a batsman and the spinner/s coming in that way. All the main spin options bat too, so you'd have a lot of bowlers and a lot of batting if you went something like this , so I'd be picking the best keeper as they can bat 9

Cook
Hales
Root
Borthwock
Bairstow
Stokes /Woakes
Ali
Woakes/ansari/Rashid
Flakes/keeper
Broad
Anderson

India will prepare turners , and if borthwock is playing I'd rather ansari over Rashid for the variety in the spin attack

On the keeping note, Michael Bates is the best keeper in England (IMO). Imagine if he went from without a country to keeping for England!

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I love ESPN.

"10.30am: G'day, cricketeers. Stop looking for charizard round the back of the Nursery Ground, it's time for another gripping day at the Test. Pakistan's twisty wristy genius, Yasir Shah, made a mess of England's middle order yesterday and they have an excellent chance to secure a significant first-innings lead. Chris Woakes, who polished off the Pakistan innings on a good second morning for England, stands in their way with bat in hand, the last man likely to drag the scores level. It should be a ripper, so don't wander off gazing at your smartphone. You've gotta catch it all."

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is where I feel only Pakistan has a complete bowling unit compare to all other teams. They have very good conventional and reverse swing bowlers, and excellent spinners so its very difficult to score against such a bowling unit. Too bad that they have such butterfingers in slips.

Although Yasir's bowling made it another balanced day for Pakistan but I feel England has the upper hand now and it will be difficult for Pakistan to put another 300 in 2nd innings. Pakistan needs around 300 to defend otherwise it will remain a 50-50 or 60-40 in favor of England.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yasir you beauty.....

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Is it just me or do Pakistan look more like they're playing more for each other? I see a cricket team on the rise here..

However, their batsmen could have done slightly better in the first and second innings. Pakistan need 300 minimum to compete, may be even 350. (Lead)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So no improvement even after such a long preparation. I guess Pakistani batsmen does not want to learn, they have done the same mistakes which they are doing from so many years. As a test player specially when all of them are around 30 or more, its a crime to loose wicket after getting 20s and 30s. They just start their innings as a tail-enders mostly, good batsmen generally get the first 10-15 runs as quickly as possible to set the tone but incase of Pakistan they usually take 50 balls to reach 10 runs and probably get bored when they reach 20 or 30 runs.
Once again I feel that Pakistan will loose a test match due to their batting considering this pitch has no demons.

Users who are viewing this thread