Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Both, I can't really make a difference

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • None. I like to game on my mobile devices. :p

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
That is because the kind of games that are produced on them remain the same throughout their 5 year span. Whereas PC games are constantly improved upon.

Also consoles hardware is FAR outdated. The PS3 has a 7800GTX class GPU and a 360 has an ATI X1900 one. Its all about optimisation, that's all.
Not at all, compare FIFA 2005 or 2004 with FIFA 08 on PS2, everything about it is massively improved including graphics. Or how about Cricket 2004 and Cricket 07, both on PS2. Graphics are incomparable. The room for improvement is there.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well it does boil down on the choice of games, but then that is something which differs with everyone. Mine would be different, yours would be different etc. Yes, its your opinion, I have mine, but this thread isn't for debating individual preferences. I think this is rather for establishing the overall winner out of these.

And we can't establish a winner on the basis of choice of games because you might be liking sports games better, someone else strategy, shooters etc. So that's not a point we can probably use to debate about which is the better gaming machine.

Did you see that graphics comparison? I wouldn't say it was totally fair but then it is mostly the truth. Compare the graphics from there and you'll notice the big difference. The best thing for the PC's is actually anti aliasing.

Shri

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
And the fact that PC game makers repeatedly punish legit customers with things like SecuRom is not good signs for PC gaming. The people who pirate games are always going free and the people who pay are punished.:mad:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yes I did have a look at the graphics comparison, and the PC graphics do look the nicest, theres no questioning that at all and that's the same with most/all games which are on PC and consoles.
However, those extra pixels/slightly different colours don't have any affect on how enjoyable a game is (for me anyway).
For example, you could have a game which looked 100% real, like you couldn't tell the difference between a real life photo/video and a screenshot/video of the game, but if the gameplay was boring and the game had no real story/decent game modes then I wouldn't want to play it, yet a game with average graphics but good gameplay and game modes would interest me and I would play it.
Yes that is a point, but then quality of games depends on the producer, not on the platform. Most games nowadays are coded for multi-platform like COD, etc.

We're talking about the platform basically here.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I like Console for the fact that it is easy to play several games on it, and it is more of a hassle installing/un-installing on a PC.

But on a PC you can edit games (EA Cricket games are unplayable without this site), and with a laptop you can literally play anywhere you want to unlike a PS3 or XBox which need a TV screen, and which are bulkier to carry.

But PC games take up a lot of resources, and PCs do go out of date easily.

So as it stands for me...Cricket = PC. Anything else = Console.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
There's no point having raw power in a gaming PC if the games it's used on are not the ones you want to play. All that extra power seems to do anyway is produce slightly better graphics (and in cases, minimally better framerates), and graphics are not the main thing which influences a lot of people's opinions of how enjoyable a game is.

If I played games on my PC, i'd be missing out on games I really enjoy which are not available on PC.
Especially FIFA 09, football games are almost always the games which stay in my console 90%+ of the time, the main reason I got my 360 was to play FIFA (08 at the time) because of how pathetic PES is.

A lot of console exclusives are quality sports games (FIFA 09, Top Spin 3, Skate, MLB: The Show, NBA 2k, NHL 09, Madden etc.), most of the PC exclusives seem to just be shooters or strategy games, which just bore me most of the time.

So, if you're fascinated by seeing a few more pixels and play mainly shooters then PCs are for you. If not, then a console is the better option, in my opinion.

And if you like RPGs, RTS games, flight simulators and the ability to mod games.

Users who are viewing this thread