Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Both, I can't really make a difference

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • None. I like to game on my mobile devices. :p

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
How come ? I saw its specs of 9800GX2 SSC Edition on eVGA website the core was of 675 Mhz but 9800GTX SSC Edition was clocked at 770 Mhz. Anyone can overclock that beast over 800 Mhz easily.
See, that's why its said half knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge. ;)

The 9800GX2 is two 9800GTX's on one PCB, which means it uses SLI but still a single slot. The card has two different PCB's bolted and connected via a PCI-E x16 link. That's why it has obviously double power than the 9800GTX and shames it. ;)

You shouldn't just go with the specs of the cards. The core matters. I can overclock an 8500GT at 900mhz but it wouldn't even come close to a 9600GT at even 400mhz. ;)

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
See, that's why its said half knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge. ;)

The 9800GX2 is two 9800GTX's on one PCB, which means it uses SLI but still a single slot. The card has two different PCB's bolted and connected via a PCI-E x16 link. That's why it has obviously double power than the 9800GTX and shames it. ;)

You shouldn't just go with the specs of the cards. The core matters. I can overclock an 8500GT at 900mhz but it wouldn't even come close to a 9600GT at even 400mhz. ;)
Oh Sorry

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
For patchability and free online, PC.

For better gameplay but dealing with given bugs - Console.

I really don't have a preference, but I think I like playing on Cons better.

travder92

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
People always hold this against Xbox Live.
For 12 months it's ?40 if you order from the Xbox or ?35 if you get a membership card.
That's either ?2.92 or ?3.33 each month, it's a very little amount and the service is great.
Also, on PC games (especially FPS), hacks are constantly being made so people can cheat online, this is impossible on consoles which leads to a fairer game, it's just player skill v player skill, nothing else.

play on servers with punkbuster.

no hacks.

simple.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I agree that people do make hacks, but there are ways to counter them which can be initiated by game developers. For example, GRID has a codies server for sessions, and what it could do was to ban reported hackers through their IP's. I know this will not filter everyone but a majority who are not even aware of what's a dynamic IP.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I agree with the "hack factor" side of PC gaming, can be gay. But most/all hackers get banned (just takes like a month though...urgh) and they can just buy the game again seeing as a game like CSSource is now only £10.

The thing is though its not like hackers are always there, I admit when I do Deathmatch I see a few but rarely. Whereas on a proper server (UK Nemisis for eg) if there is a hacker he will be banned in no time because theres always admin on!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Pc's For Enthusiasts and Adults, Consoles for Kids.

Speaking of Consoles for Kids, that sounds like some sort of campaign thought of by the Conservative party.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
In the past, whenever I've purchased a console, I've played it a fair bit but then sold it or just put it in the loft, never to be seen again, whereas my PC's get used to death. I'm not making that mistake again, I'll stick with PC's thanks.

Additionally. If you own a PC you only need a PC - you can play games on it and do stuff like browse the web. If you own a console you need a PC as well. PC wins this round too.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Wow. Thanks Matt and Kev. :) I finally found two supporters for PC gaming. :p

Madman, just a while ago it was

F.E.A.R for PC's, not for consoles. It was only last year or second last it came out on the PS3. Where were the consoles gone then? And don't say F.E.A.R is a poor game because its fantastic!

If we were to give titles it wouldn't be fair. Each of them, PC's and Consoles have their fair bit of exclusive titles, so it wouldn't pretty much be a solid point to discuss. We're talking other points here.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The day consoles allow me to have freedom of moving my character like I do with mouse I will switch over. Untill then PC rule.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If PS3 allows that then I will surely buy one. The price have dropped by 12000 bucks here.

Users who are viewing this thread