• Both, I can't really make a difference

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • None. I like to game on my mobile devices. :p

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was a PC gamer but now I am turned to console one. Everyone doesn't have a gaming rig so he can't enjoy some gr8 games like Oblivion on High settings or even think of playing it on a low end PC but he can play it if he has a Gaming console.

Here is what I advantages of both systems.

PC +tives

* Can be used for other purposes too
* Modding abilities for Games
* Can run Simulation games like Flight Simulator

PC -tives

* You need a high-end PC to play latest games on medium or high settings
* Expensive if bought for Gaming
* Needs upgrade in 1-2 yrs

Console +tives

* Cheaper than Gaming rigs
* Have good variety of Games if compared with PC
* No compatibility issues with games

Console -tives

* Very less chance of modding games
* Currently doesn't have Simulation games like Train Simulator
* Games are a bit expensive if compared to PC versions

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I was a PC gamer but now I am turned to console one. Everyone doesn't have a gaming rig so he can't enjoy some gr8 games like Oblivion on High settings or even think of playing it on a low end PC but he can play it if he has a Gaming console.

Here is what I advantages of both systems.

PC +tives

* Can be used for other purposes too
* Modding abilities for Games
* Can run Simulation games like Flight Simulator

PC -tives

* You need a high-end PC to play latest games on medium or high settings
* Expensive if bought for Gaming
* Needs upgrade in 1-2 yrs

Console +tives

* Cheaper than Gaming rigs
* Have good variety of Games if compared with PC
* No compatibility issues with games

Console -tives

* Very less chance of modding games
* Currently doesn't have Simulation games like Train Simulator
* Games are a bit expensive if compared to PC versions
You're outdated on the fact that you need a high end rig for PC gaming, and that PC gaming rigs are expensive. Lets see then, you're getting the console for free? ;)

Lets do some maths. A decent graphics card costs $130-$140(nVidia 9600GT or the radeon 3870) and the cheapest console, the xBox 360 arcade version, comes for $250 or $300. Still PC's expensive?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I play a lot of CSS, and got pretty good at it by playing against Bots. First you can make them have no weapons, meaning you can prefect aiming, and then progressivly work up the weapon spectrum until you're good enought to kill them whatever. Then, go online :)

Thats a good way to try but you can get complacent, taking too much time etc.

I might try CSS again soon then, and try what you said pingusten.
I just felt like I was being thrown in at the deep end before with no practice, and it was very frustrating.

You should try deathmatch mode that will help you big time with your aim and how guns etc work.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Theres loads of deathmatch servers now days, where you get to chose what gun you want and you respawn after you die right away.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
You're outdated on the fact that you need a high end rig for PC gaming, and that PC gaming rigs are expensive. Lets see then, you're getting the console for free? ;)

Lets do some maths. A decent graphics card costs $130-$140(nVidia 9600GT or the radeon 3870) and the cheapest console, the xBox 360 arcade version, comes for $250 or $300. Still PC's expensive?
You can't play games only with a GPU dude :p

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yes, but then you already have a computer don't you? Which is why you're coming on this forum? Would you keep two different computers in your home, one for gaming and one for office tasks? ;)

Actually you dont just need a GPU if the rest of your PC is shite, say if theres someone whos current PC needs a big upgrade then their screwed.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Yes, but then you already have a computer don't you? Which is why you're coming on this forum? Would you keep two different computers in your home, one for gaming and one for office tasks? ;)
Ya I have one but it a P4 2.66 Ghz if I try to run games like Crysis on this thing will surely explode.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Ya I have one but it a P4 2.66 Ghz if I try to run games like Crysis on this thing will surely explode.

Actaully, my sisters PC has an X1650, the exact same processor as that, and 1.5gb of RAM, and it plays Crysis fine on all medium, with a few ini tweaks. Thers the occasional slowdown, but the game is so well optimized.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Meh, first of all you're wrong. I've tried to play on such a rig and the only differences are 2-4 fps.

Moreover, if anything your PC is old for even office tasks nowadays anyways. With dual cores cheaper than single core ones(P4), there's definitely no way someone should go with single cores nowadays anyways. The PIV you are talking about must have been atleast 2 year old anyways.

But still, add in a GPU and you can easily run even games like Crysis. Believe me, it doesn't even max out my E2160 at 1.8GHZ!

There's one more thing I would like to say. Everyone when trying to give PC negatives mentions need to upgradation and the first word that comes on their mouth is Crysis. But well, Crysis is a game which is generation ahead from even consoles, so their's no point comparing PC to Console based on one title.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Meh, first of all you're wrong. I've tried to play on such a rig and the only differences are 2-4 fps.

Moreover, if anything your PC is old for even office tasks nowadays anyways. With dual cores cheaper than single core ones(P4), there's definitely no way someone should go with single cores nowadays anyways. The PIV you are talking about must have been atleast 2 year old anyways.

But still, add in a GPU and you can easily run even games like Crysis. Believe me, it doesn't even max out my E2160 at 1.8GHZ!

There's one more thing I would like to say. Everyone when trying to give PC negatives mentions need to upgradation and the first word that comes on their mouth is Crysis. But well, Crysis is a game which is generation ahead from even consoles, so their's no point comparing PC to Console based on one title.
I was thinking of a new GPU but then I thought buying a cheap DX9/DX10 GPU will give me very low end results. Most of the games won't even run on my config so I will go for a PS3 instead :p ;)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I was thinking of a new GPU but then I thought buying a cheap DX9/DX10 GPU will give me very low end results. Most of the games won't even run on my config so I will go for a PS3 instead :p ;)
Meh, you needed to only spend 10000 bucks for a 9600GT and you could've run even Crysis, so rest assured about others. But a PS3 costs more than three times isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread