Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Consoles

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Both, I can't really make a difference

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • None. I like to game on my mobile devices. :p

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Kshitiz, i'm sorry about our argument, can we just forget about that now please? :) I understand why you like PC more, I just hope you see why I like my console more at the moment, that could change in a few years though.

When some really good PC exclusives come out or when the next consoles come out, I might upgrade my PC.

I think PC needs to move on to blu-ray (or similar) though, with games needing more detailed textures and 3d models as well as more content, the storage device needs to become bigger, DVD may be ok for most games in the next few years but after that I think they will be too small.
Alright then. Cheers. :) And I can understand why you like your console I was just giving my points on why I think PC's are better than consoles. I never said consoles are absolute ****. :)

Cheers again. :)

Kshitiz, i'm sorry about our argument, can we just forget about that now please? :) I understand why you like PC more, I just hope you see why I like my console more at the moment, that could change in a few years though.

When some really good PC exclusives come out or when the next consoles come out, I might upgrade my PC.

I think PC needs to move on to blu-ray (or similar) though, with games needing more detailed textures and 3d models as well as more content, the storage device needs to become bigger, DVD may be ok for most games in the next few years but after that I think they will be too small.

I don't think PC will be seeing anything better than Crysis in our generation of gaming, by our generation I mean; when Half-Life 2 came out and made a big landmark. Crysis is the only one so probably not until the next 5-7 years we wont be seeing another Half Life type achievement.

Although Crysis is a big achievement it you need to spend a lot of money to enjoy it properly.

I'm betting my money on a Half-Life 3 gob smacking us all, seeing as the games are amazing, graphics are pretty awesome and will get better as Valve always update their engines then make games for them.................AND we'll prob be getting a new CS with it mwahaha!

I don't think PC will be seeing anything better than Crysis in our generation of gaming, by our generation I mean; when Half-Life 2 came out and made a big landmark. Crysis is the only one so probably not until the next 5-7 years we wont be seeing another Half Life type achievement.

Although Crysis is a big achievement it you need to spend a lot of money to enjoy it properly.

I'm betting my money on a Half-Life 3 gob smacking us all, seeing as the games are amazing, graphics are pretty awesome and will get better as Valve always update their engines then make games for them.................AND we'll prob be getting a new CS with it mwahaha!
Did you spend a lot of money? :p And you can easily play Crysis at high can't you?

Yeah but not perfectly, and £600 to play a game yes that is a lot of money (even though I didnt buy the PC to play Crysis) It does run on high but not with everything on high theres some options which I cant change and stay on medium.

By playing Crysis I mean playing it on Very High with every single thing turned up to the max. Thats why I see HL2 as this generations landmark not Crysis.

There wont be another game like Crysis in this generation of games, maybe FarCry2 to some extent but thats about it.

Yeah but not perfectly, and £600 to play a game yes that is a lot of money (even though I didnt buy the PC to play Crysis) It does run on high but not with everything on high theres some options which I cant change and stay on medium.

By playing Crysis I mean playing it on Very High with every single thing turned up to the max. Thats why I see HL2 as this generations landmark not Crysis.

There wont be another game like Crysis in this generation of games, maybe FarCry2 to some extent but thats about it.
Again, that's what I'm trying to explain! Its not £600 to play a game! The only cost you should count are the graphics cards!

I agree Crysis was a game built with the future in mind, and as I said before, its a trilogy so they have to bear with the same engine untill 2011 I think. So that's some future proofing done on Crytek's part.

There will be more games too. STALKER Clear Sky for example. There are many others.

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i can play Crysis with everything on High at about 20-23 FPS. which is perfectly fine for it.

TBH in Crysis there is little graphical quality difference between Low and Medium.. a MASSIVE difference between Medium and High.. and a negligible difference between High and Ultra High.

it doesn't get much better then High.

Well i can play Crysis with everything on High at about 20-23 FPS. which is perfectly fine for it.

TBH in Crysis there is little graphical quality difference between Low and Medium.. a MASSIVE difference between Medium and High.. and a negligible difference between High and Ultra High.

it doesn't get much better then High.
Yeah, absolutely right. Althugh there's a mod or rather a file hack that lets you force ultra high settings in Windows XP, so there's not much performance drawback, but a huge improvement in the lighting. Its awesome to see those god rays from objects coming. :p

Madman, I saw you say in the other thread that PC fps suck because its just pointing and clicking. ROFLMFAO!

Then thats saying all racing games no matter what console/pc are just turning left and right. By saying a game is just pointing and clicking is just......sigh theres no word for it stupid isnt strong enough, like think about what your saying lol.

Console FPS games are, directing and pushing then?

It was a bit of a silly thing to say, I admit that :p. Anything can be simplified to sound crap.
I just get so annoyed with them, especially online when everyone is so good and I am so bad, and I can't improve because public servers have loads of good players in them so I get killed before I get the chance to do anything or have idiots who just shout crap down their mic (so I leave) etc. I have had a few good games when I have played well/played people who are about the same skill as me but that was very rare.
They are actually good games if you have enough skill at them, I was just being bitter because I suck at them and I was in a bad mood :p.
Lol. How about perfecting your skills in the single player mode's first? :p

It was a bit of a silly thing to say, I admit that :p. Anything can be simplified to sound crap.
I just get so annoyed with them, especially online when everyone is so good and I am so bad, and I can't improve because public servers have loads of good players in them so I get killed before I get the chance to do anything or have idiots who just shout crap down their mic (so I leave) etc. I have had a few good games when I have played well/played people who are about the same skill as me but that was very rare.
They are actually good games if you have enough skill at them, I was just being bitter because I suck at them and I was in a bad mood :p.

I had a feeling you said that because of your skill level. Kshitez the only FPS online game to bother with is CSS (if you want to feel satisfied) and that doesnt have single player. Anyway I know what you mean Madman I have given up with CS so many times because I just used to suck at it.

It does take time and if your not dedicated enough with it, you'll start hating it. One thing that used to help me was playing on deathmatch servers, there people dont take the time to spam mics and you dont have to wait years to respawn.

I had a feeling you said that because of your skill level. Kshitez the only FPS online game to bother with is CSS (if you want to feel satisfied) and that doesnt have single player. Anyway I know what you mean Madman I have given up with CS so many times because I just used to suck at it.

I play a lot of CSS, and got pretty good at it by playing against Bots. First you can make them have no weapons, meaning you can prefect aiming, and then progressivly work up the weapon spectrum until you're good enought to kill them whatever. Then, go online :)

Users who are viewing this thread