Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Both, I can't really make a difference

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • None. I like to game on my mobile devices. :p

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
But then that would make FIFA a better game then any other game too, the detail in that is incredible. It doesnt work like that tbh.

So the quality of a game cannot be measured between genres? So you would have no preference between BLIC 2007 or GTA IV?

That is preference, just because the game is the sheeet nowdays doesnt mean its better than anything and everything. That would be like.....GTA is better than MGS...

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pc's and by long way. Imagine being stuck with boring Cricket 07 without any modifications in PS2 and then imagine same sucking game in computer with patches from great people here.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
If you rush through the game and don't notice it's finer details or fantastic physics, yes it does seem OTT but if you play it at a slower pace and take everything in it is the best game experience there has ever been

It is indeed packed with small details, but it is knowhere near the best game ever made. One of the best, yes, but not the best. The physics engine is good, but not perfect. Games like Penumbra illustrate how real life physics work, the Euphoria engine apparently prides itself on realism, but the best moments are when something ridiculous happens. Have you ever heard of an accident on a bike where the person has been thrown 150 feet down the street?

As for it not yet on PC, obviously we can only speculate. This is what we did with San Andreas, R* continue saying "No comment" on the matter for 6 months, rack in the console versions cash, and then release a final hoodoo on the PC to help boost some more moolah. Interestingly enough, just as a question, if it did come to PC, and its moddability was high, would you concede that the PC would have the best game ever, in your opinion?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Consoles for me personally. Couldn't imagine playing GTA in front of the computer with the lame keyboard. ohhhh wait, the PC doesn't have GTA.

/end of thread:p

For now amigo, for now. And when GTA IV comes along on PC as it inevitably will (all other main GTA games are on PC :p), it will be better than the console version.

PCs are far better than consoles, they're more versatile and have a much wider range of game genres to choose from. And then there's mods and all that...

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

pingusten

Club Cricketer
If PC got GTA IV and it was very moddable, then yes PC would have the best game ever (I can't think of a better one on any platform at the moment), but most mods for SA havn't done much and no new complete maps have been made with a storyline and missions... There's only so much people will mod a game.

Actually, total conversions have been made with missions included. For example, San Vice which adds Vice City onto San Andreas.

And I think a 100 aside Multi Player component with a better server browser than COD4 is quite an achievement for a game people said couldnt be modded.

PC modding communities are large, get the best out of games, and enlarge games beyond whats on the disk. My San Andreas has a current day car pack, which makes walking round the city that much better, seeing a Renault Clio rather than one of those bland Perenials. R* should have looked at what the community created with SA:MP, its so much more epic than there current effort.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
"This Mod replaces the San Andreas Map completely with the Vice City Map."
To people who have Vice City (most GTA fans) that would be useless, because all that would be different from the game Vice City would be a few gameplay changes and other small mods.
None with a completely new map, storyline etc have been made, it's borrowed from another GTA.
They are decent mods, but they are not that good really.

About SA online, it is pretty good, but auto-aim is allowed and everyone uses it on there, add that to it taking loads of shots to kill someone and everyone messing about and it's not really that fun imo, it's not always "the more players the more fun" I have had loads of fun in IV online and that only allows 16 players in a game.

You make some good points, but the point I'm trying to make is that the amount of mods on game such as GTA and Oblivion make them much more a valued purchase on PC rather than a console. Its probably the only reason why I dont break down the door of GAME and buy a console.

I couldnt do without Insurgency for Half Life 2, or without SA:MP, or my Oblivion Overhaul Mod. Its the same with STALKER, the game shipped with no drivable vehicles. Now, you can download a 23kb which will add full driving support for all vehicles in the game. Mods improve games beyond belief, the proffessionalism of there making is staggering, and you can see that by how some developers, such as Valve, take on mod projects as there own i.e Garrys Mod.

Its just a huge advantage the PC has. Yes, there are some crappy mods out there, but the ability to do it adds so much more to a game. I wouldnt have bought STALKER without the mods, they take a good game and make it, in the words of Jeremy Clarkson, epic.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

pingusten

Club Cricketer
How much would need changing in this PC to make it run the new games?:
CPU: Intel Pemtium D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
GPU: nVidia GeForce 7500 LE (This card probably sucks)
RAM: 1022MB RAM (I know that needs increasing)

Would a new computer be needed or a fairly small upgrade?

Small upgrade. An extra GB of RAM, at about £10-£15, and the card could be easily increased to a 8800GTS for around £60-£70, as long as you didnt buy from a large chain like PC World. Your processor will last you at least 2-3 years, Dual cores are pretty handy.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Small upgrade. An extra GB of RAM, at about £10-£15, and the card could be easily increased to a 8800GTS for around £60-£70, as long as you didnt buy from a large chain like PC World. Your processor will last you at least 2-3 years, Dual cores are pretty handy.
I don't think he even needs something as powerful as the 8800GTS. The 9600GT, being MUCH cheaper, can provide performance within 15%(worst case) of the 8800GTS 512. The 8800GT is another superb one, and is even closer to the 8800GTS in performance but much less in price. You could even look at Radeon 3870. This is what I like - there's competition and always room for improvement. And ofcourse an extra gig of RAM. The processor is powerful enough, you don't need to worry about it. A very cheap upgrade, and far far cheap from a console. Add these two and you could have something as powerful as an Xbox 360. ;)

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Kshitiz, i'm sorry about our argument, can we just forget about that now please? :) I understand why you like PC more, I just hope you see why I like my console more at the moment, that could change in a few years though.

When some really good PC exclusives come out or when the next consoles come out, I might upgrade my PC.

I think PC needs to move on to blu-ray (or similar) though, with games needing more detailed textures and 3d models as well as more content, the storage device needs to become bigger, DVD may be ok for most games in the next few years but after that I think they will be too small.

I may be wrong, but I think blu-ray is available for PC. Although, remember that consoles run the game off the disc - they have to be in a single disk. On the other hand, you install off a PC, so there is no problem with using 2 or 3 DVD's as all the info is going onto your HD.

Users who are viewing this thread