Scoring System Explained

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
The scoring system used in Planetcricket Fantasy Cricket allocates points for each player as follows:

Runs Scored: +1 for each run scored
Run Out: +5 to the player who removes the bails
Run Out: +10 to the fielder for the return throw
Run Out: +15 to the fielder for a direct hit
Stumping: +15 to the wicketkeeper.
Catch: +5 for a catch taken by a wicketkeeper.
Catch: +10 for a catch taken by a fielder or bowler.
Wicket: +20 for a wicket that results from a catch or stumping.
Wicket: +30 for a wicket that results from a bowled or lbw.
Duck: -15 for wicketkeepers and all-rounders only.
Duck: -30 for batsmen (bowlers excluded)
Runs Conceded: -1 for every 5 runs conceded by any bowler
A fifty and a three wicket haul : +20 points
A century and a five wicket haul : +30 points
A captain doubles your score.

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Ste said:
The scoring system used in Planetcricket Fantasy Cricket allocates points for each player as follows:

Runs Scored: +1 for each run scored
Run Out: +5 to the player who removes the bails
Run Out: +10 to the fielder for the return throw
Run Out: +15 to the fielder for a direct hit
Stumping: +15 to the wicketkeeper.
Catch: +5 for a catch taken by a wicketkeeper.
Catch: +10 for a catch taken by a fielder or bowler.
Wicket: +20 for a wicket that results from a catch or stumping.
Wicket: +30 for a wicket that results from a bowled or lbw.
Duck: -15 for wicketkeepers and all-rounders only.
Duck: -30 for batsmen (bowlers excluded)
Runs Conceded: -1 for every 5 runs conceded by any bowler

Ste, thanks first of all for bringing us this Fantasy Cricket.

A couple of questions, and please dont beat me up for bringing up itsy bitsy details.

Are ricochets any different in points? For example, fielder throws and instead of a direct hit, it ricochets off another fielder into the stumps and the wicket falls. Who gets the points?
Similar question for catches, sometimes seen in the slips or close-in fielders. One scoops up the ball and another catches it. Points?
How do you make the distinction between batsmen/allrounders/bowlers when penalizing for a duck? Will Kallis get -15 or -30? What about Gilchrist?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
shahid6995 said:
Similar question for catches, sometimes seen in the slips or close-in fielders. One scoops up the ball and another catches it. Points?
May be a wild assumption but the points will probably go to the player who actually catches it.

Ste

Executive member
shahid6995 said:
Ste, thanks first of all for bringing us this Fantasy Cricket.
I think its Aj who should be thanked the most for creating this for vBulletin but thanks anyway!
shahid6995 said:
How do you make the distinction between batsmen/allrounders/bowlers when penalizing for a duck? Will Kallis get -15 or -30? What about Gilchrist?

Thats a tough one, although the batsman are designated as allrounders/batsman/wk/bowler before the game starts there is some flexability to how they are scored but in some cases taking away only 15 for someone could be unfair. I suppose a flat number of points to take away could just be used for batsman, keepers and allrounders or even just the same number of points taken away no matter what "role" they are designated with.

The point scoring system is quite easy to change so after the game thats been created for the West Indies against South Africa (here - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/fantasy-cricket.php?do=viewgame&id=7) so I think we will just see how this goes and then decide on scoring changes for the England v Bangladesh series depending on how WI/SA goes.

Also if anyone can help with the Fantasy Cricket game as some parts e.g. scoring after each match requires quite abit of work, please let me know.

Ste

Will p

International Cricketer
Ste i could maybe help....but im quite busy with my own fantasy cricket!! but still i can try and squezeze it in!

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
indiancricketer said:
i made my own game now what do i do?
i think u have to wait for the real game to start and then if the people u choose do well then u make money....something like that:D

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Ste said:
Also if anyone can help with the Fantasy Cricket game as some parts e.g. scoring after each match requires quite abit of work, please let me know.
I would like to help. If someone could give me some detailed instructions as to what to do :)
Within the next few weeks however I am going to be moving so I may not be able to be very up to date, but if that is a problem I will let you know.

Aj

School Cricketer
It will be updated to allow more than 1 person to report or edit reports, (access granted by administrators).

Hopefully that will help.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Because I'm guessing that only admins will be allowed to make games. You can make a team FOR the game that Ste made, though.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Go to the link mentioned in Ste's first post above. Then there will be a little icon in the rightmost column on the row that says "WI vs SA ODI Series". If you hover over this icon it will say something along the lines of "Create a new team". Click on it and you will be able to select your team.

Users who are viewing this thread