Sri Lanka in England/Netherlands

Hoggard's a proven practicioner of reverse swing these days, too....
Anyway, I tend to agree with the extra batsman ploy, as it'll provide extra stability should a collapse occur, which I guess is highly possible when first coming to terms with the unorthodox approach of Malinga and the metronomical, yet varied, pressure applied by Vaas.

Definitely agree there, Vass maybe old but he can cause some havoc is the ball is moving around which I suspect it will. Murali should also pose a problem as he usually does to opposition on any pitch.

You're a rare breed of Aussie, Sylvester.

Actually giving Murali credit.

Wahey, the worst bowling attack of the 18 counties (exc. Scotland and Ireland) has got Sri Lanka 89-5.

And Sri Lanka's bowlers bowled 29 NBs.

Sri Lanka is now 166-7 after 47.5 overs with some batting display of Kapugedera and Maharoof. And it seems like Sri Lanka has declared with that score.

Yeh and now Birt is taking the game to the Sri Lankans :D

Not the start to the tour they wanted.

Still got the strong A-side to come up against.

Birt is in awesome form over there in England. That's really good to see and to score 80 odd in 50 ball is some effort. Malinga is posing problems already, most likely he'll continue this onto the English.

You do realise that Derbyshire are probably the worst of the 18 county teams?

And he's the one with the No Ball problem.

Sureshot said:

It's not just Malinga, Maharoof has actually got more no-balls so far in the two innings combined than Malinga.

44 extras in the first innings though, that's one thing England should capitilise on.
Either that or the pitch at the County Ground is seriously mucked up.

Sureshot said:
You do realise that Derbyshire are probably the worst of the 18 county teams?

Just makes Birt efforts even more better. Birt is use to it anyway as his Tassie Tigers weren't the best either.

So what should our 5 bowling attack be?

Harmison, Jones, Tremlett and Anderson are all out of the first test.

Flintoff
Hoggard

They are probably the only 2 nailed on choices.

I'd go with them two, then:

Panesar
Mahmood
Lewis

Users who are viewing this thread