We have Patch AI Review Teams....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
For downloads, such as Tusti's on C05 and 07 we have a talented bunch of reviewers to each give thier own opinion ona patch.

So my suggestion would be a Story Review team. I'd suggest it works off story of the month, the winner getting a review from 4 or 5 selected people (Obviously they have to be active in the story forum) and we could have one Head Reviewer who decided which bits from peoples reviews get into the main review and finally adding his own view and conclusion.

I think it would be a great addition, as most people when congratulating a story only type one line comments wereas if we had a review team it would be a good length of opinions from 4 or 5 people.

So what do you think?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Wouldn't really work. We have story of the month and that's enough as far as i'm concerned. You can also rate a story now anyway in thread options.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yes but if people want to read about stories, the actual story thread in my opinion hasnt really got enough collective sources, kind of a thing.

If we had a review team, that way it could be stickied and those who wanted to read a little about a certain story would get the chance to.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
I'm very tired so I cannot post a lengthy reply however I do beleive that this idea has great potential. One of the best ideas you've come up with Simbazz. Here here.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
But the winner of SOTM gets it's thread stickied and what's wrong with that? We can't go around stickying every story because that just defeats the purpose of a stickied thread.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
evertonfan said:
But the winner of SOTM gets it's thread stickied and what's wrong with that? We can't go around stickying every story because that just defeats the purpose of a stickied thread.

Simon never said that every story would be stickied...

He said that the Story of the Month would get reviewed by the reviewers...

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
GrayNicolls said:
Simon never said that every story would be stickied...

He said that the Story of the Month would get reviewed by the reviewers...

Thank you :p

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not sure its required to be honest. The idea of the AI review team is so people dont have to download a patch and try it out, they can easily find out if a patch will suit them by reading the review. If you want to read about a story thread, why not just read the story? Its not like you have to install anything.
I would prefer maybe a slight change to the Story of the Month competition. At present the stories included each month all seem to be put up for vote by the story writer. I would prefer it if you couldnt put yourself forward.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
But what's the point in that though GN? If it's stickied and wins SOTM already then what further purpose can a story review team serve?

Kev said:
I would prefer maybe a slight change to the Story of the Month competition. At present the stories included each month all seem to be put up for vote by the story writer. I would prefer it if you couldnt put yourself forward.

It used to be like that didn't it? I seem to remember the current rules being a recent addition.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Kev said:
I'm not sure its required to be honest. The idea of the AI review team is so people dont have to download a patch and try it out, they can easily find out if a patch will suit them by reading the review. If you want to read about a story thread, why not just read the story? Its not like you have to install anything.

Yes but you get Gamers story which is over a 1000 post long, and to read it all is a very difficult task. The who point of a story review would be to cut it down, give important information on it and maybe also give some links to it for the best match etc.

I feel its worthy of a trial? Maybe?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
No, if people aren't bothered enough to read a story then how can they bothered to review one?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
But what's the point in that though GN? If it's stickied and wins SOTM already then what further purpose can a story review team serve?

Just because the story won that month doesnt say it has only been going on for a month. Gamers story is a year old, and the story review team could write a little on how its progressed etc.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Well try reading through 1000 posts of a story without being bored or giving up halfway through. The story review team would pick out some of the best matches and updates of the story, so it saves time for people not to have to look back pages and pages.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
You could always write your own reviews. Maybe have a review thread, it could be just for you or maybe you could open it up to all.

I dont think you need to read the whole of a 1000 post story to decide if you like it, one or two posts should be enough. Its also quite hard to review something thats ongoing as soon as you put some sort of review down the story would have progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread