We have Patch AI Review Teams....

Status
Not open for further replies.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
But to do that they'd have to read the entire story wouldn't they? I don't really see how PC would benefit from this proposed system as most people stay out of the story forum anyway. AI review team is different because cricket gaming is the focal point and the main purpose of Planetcricket and nearly all of it's members will use the patches, but there's only a select bunch who visit the story forum.

Yeah Kev that's about right, if your so intent on having a review team then just open your own thread.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
evertonfan said:
But to do that they'd have to read the entire story wouldn't they? I don't really see how PC would benefit from this proposed system as most people stay out of the story forum anyway. AI review team is different because cricket gaming is the focal point and the main purpose of Planetcricket and nearly all of it's members will use the patches, but there's only a select bunch who visit the story forum.

Actually, a lot of people visit the story forum and read updates of stories every day. The system would be good for newer members to save them time looking right back in the story to find out what had gone on previously etc.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
@Kev, I think it would be too difficult to write a whole review with one person, it would also be quite boring from one person prospective.

Ok Kev, could i arrange a deal with you? If i get some help from some people from the Stories thread and we get good feedback after we have wrote a review on the next winner of Story of the Month can we arrange somthing like the downloads have, even if i have to wait 2 months i would hope i could be given a chance to show this will be successful.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
GrayNicolls said:
Actually, a lot of people visit the story forum and read updates of stories every day. The system would be good for newer members to save them time looking right back in the story to find out what had gone on previously etc.

Yes a lot of people do, but only a about 20% of PC. Wheras about 90% at the very least are interested in AI patches.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
GrayNicolls said:

Thats a fair comment also.

New members especially would benifit from a review team, as it would save them posting just random posts in the threads and trying to find out the most popular etc.

I think if we could review most, or even all, within a 3 or 4 month span, and keep updating etc. i believe it would be a great hit.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The surefire way to find out which stories are most popular is to see how many views and replies it's had. I don't think people are that interested in stories to spend time reading a review about it.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
Yes a lot of people do, but only a about 20% of PC. Wheras about 90% at the very least are interested in AI patches.

I'm absolutly sure them stats would be incorrect.

The story forum has a large amount of posts each hour, never mind each day.

I believe it would also be great for writers, such as yourself Matt. To give the reviewers your input, and maybe on the review there could be a section for the writer to say a bit, i think it would go down quite well if it went ahead.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Well, if people weren't bothered, then surely they wouldn't read the stories in the first place! I think this should have a trial at least, to see how it works, and if it's popular.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
The surefire way to find out which stories are most popular is to see how many views and replies it's had. I don't think people are that interested in stories to spend time reading a review about it.

What about downloads that C07 has. Many people come to the forums in search of them and find the review team which is very helpful.

If a new member comes to the forums and looks for a decent story to read, its difficult for them, i remember from when i first joined back last December, it was quite difficult.

In all honesty i never read Gamers and MWaughs stories till quite late on in my currect time at PC.

evertonfan said:
Yes, from the same select bunch of people.

Thats irrelivent. Its the fact that people would be able to find information on stories a lot easier.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
What about downloads that C07 has. Many people come to the forums in search of them and find the review team which is very helpful.

If a new member comes to the forums and looks for a decent story to read, its difficult for them, i remember from when i first joined back last December, it was quite difficult.

But I thought you were only reviewing the story of the month so how is that going to help them find out about other stories?

All you need to do is read about one page of a story to see if you like it. Review teams aren't necessary.

Simbazz said:
Thats irrelivent. Its the fact that people would be able to find information on stories a lot easier.

It is relevant because story reviewers would only benefit this select group whereas AI reviewers benefit almost all of PC.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
It doesnt necessarily have to be just on the SOTM, it could be mainly focussed on that, but it would only take a week, tops, to write a good review.

We have a lot of time to write some more.

I'd just like to see if this was possible thats all Matt. Ill try it, i just need help!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
But your missing my point, it's not entirely beneficial to the whole of PC.

At one time or another Matt, im pretty certain every member, who is active on this forum with more than say 10 posts will have visited the Story forums!!!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
At one time or another Matt, im pretty certain every member, who is active on this forum with more than say 10 posts will have visited the Story forums!!!
I've never visited the story forums. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread