Which Batsman can break Tendulkar's ODI Double Ton Record!!!

Gurjot95

National Board President
Be honest, who actually thought first ODI double centurion will not be an aggressive batman?

Looking at people choices, it's not necessary that next one will be attacking batsman too.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was not surprised when Tendulkar got to it. He giving hints of a big innings 12 months before that. In the year before 200, he scored 2 160+ scores and one 175.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Tendulkar was always the perfect batsmen to make it to 200. He might not be aggressive like Sehwag but he has no problem smoking an attack. He made 186 over a decade ago so the signs were there as early as then. What makes him better than any aggressive batsmen is the fact he can combine his quick scoring with being near on impossible to get out once in, even when he's made a 100. That is where most of the aggressive batsmen go wrong.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Tendulkar was always the perfect batsmen to make it to 200. He might not be aggressive like Sehwag but he has no problem smoking an attack. He made 186 over a decade ago so the signs were there as early as then. What makes him better than any aggressive batsmen is the fact he can combine his quick scoring with being near on impossible to get out once in, even when he's made a 100. That is where most of the aggressive batsmen go wrong.

That is what makes the 200 even more special. I can't remember even a single mis-hit or chance he'd given in that inning. It was absolutely flawless. Generally when you see a player scoring over 150, you see a couple of 50/50 chances which could have gone either way. Like when Ganguly scored 183, there were a couple of drop catches on the boundary. Sehwag's 175 in WC had a number of inside edges. Thus IMO next batsman to score 200 has to have patience as well as skills of Tendulkar. Because big hitters like Gayle/Sehwag would need a lot of luck.

Here are my candidates for 200 :

India:
Raina- If he sorts out his short ball problem.
Pujara

Australia:
Marsh

England:
Nobody at the moment

SAF:
Amla
AB

Pakistan:
Nobody

NZ:
Ross Taylor

SL:
Chandimal

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
What? You compare the class of Pujara with Anderson and Finn? You got to be kidding me right?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
IMO, So far only an aggressive batsman can achieve this milestone, Only Amla, Ponting and Kallis has that class but I guess they are not in that touch specially Ponting and Kalliss, however Amla can go for that

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Amla has the best chance tbh. He has a solid technique and playing in his prime. Ponting and Kallis are in twilight of their careers but then again Sachin scored it at such an age. So anything is possible.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AFRIDI. Alll the way. You can never lose hope on Afridi

Users who are viewing this thread