Will/Should there be a Patch 5?

gunit123

County Cricketer
See the edited post as that was what I meant to say. Obviously a catch to a forward defensive shot pitched on Off stump is obviously a legitimate out and I would not have any problem with that.

Leading edge?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
When the developers release a 4th patch that solved the majority of issues but people still complain. Then there's a problem with the community.
Surely there is overreaction, but they release the patches to make their product better so their consumers aren't put off and continue to buy their products in the future. They're not really doing anyone any favours, although I do agree that being appreciative doesn't hurt. Nonetheless, to say "there's a problem with the community" is a gross overstatement.

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The game was rushed to make Xmas sales and was released broken and patched retrospectively to somewhat arguably a polished standard 4.0.... Maybe if this 4.0 version was the game they released last Xmas and 4 patches later we have an even better product is what we should be striving for. This game was a frustrating experience from day 1 because we expected something better than DBC14 and today after 4 patches we are still wondering which game is better

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For sure there must be patch5 if BA really cares for users keep playing their game. Even after 4 patches the gameplay or AI is not as good as DBC14 even everyone expecting some better AI after great DBC14 product & patching.

I belive in any game first and most important thing is AI and when direction looks to somewhere else like considering other things as primary such as tatoo, stadium academy, kit and logos, bat designing, glasses options and giving average or below average AI then i always confused whether to play DBC14 based on best AI or DBC17 based on best presentation with below average AI. (It does not mean i am pointing their efforts they have done great work in dbc17 undoubtedly but also consider AI in patching)

If AI keep taking single in last overs of limited overs with wickets in hands at legend difficulty & on free hit AI not attempt for hit & AI keep changing field when no need and dont change field when there is a need & AI got out via all catches at deep off side just in 14-15 overs (with get best AUS in T20 career world cup) then surely there is problem with community :D

I always appreciate BA for there great work for dbc14 & dbc17 along their support and very much hopeful they surely look what actually is still missing in Dbc17 and that anyone can judge if he already played dbc14 and then play 4-5 hrs dbc17 game or might be my expectations were high after getting dbc14 one of the best cricket game.

Few feature which still need to work on apart from AI are

- obviously stats tracking
- objectives and rewards mechanism or whats the logic behind giving these, lets say 200 wickets for club cricketer rewarding average cxp
- on pitch physics as batsman most of time standing on stumps after ball being delivered (against spinners)
- commentry (better we turn it off from settings)
- earned stats :)
- AI sending throws to wrong end and single can be converted to doubles easily
- on free hit if single not been taken then can AI change the field as far i know its only possible when crossing or single being done on no ball
- wrong AI field placement as sometime 2 slips in death overs or fielder in same row
- last batsmeb easily score huge runs just like proper batsmen

Just my own observation earning competence/skills is more challenging and enjoyable then buying it (talking about career player skills improvement system) like in real if you playing too much shots on leg side then that means your leg side improved like in dbc14 but in dbc17, one can play too much shots on leg and in the end he can buy other skills which he struggling. Is that sounds practical or real ?

Still Thumbs up for BA support .

Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
corrected and thanks

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Surely there is overreaction, but they release the patches to make their product better so their consumers aren't put off and continue to buy their products in the future. They're not really doing anyone any favours, although I do agree that being appreciative doesn't hurt. Nonetheless, to say "there's a problem with the community" is a gross overstatement.
This is where there IS a problem with the community because majority of people here suck up to BigAnt and created an atmosphere that made it okay to release a rubbish game and fix it later.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
This is where there IS a problem with the community because majority of people here suck up to BigAnt and created an atmosphere that made it okay to release a rubbish game and fix it later.

And then the problem is exacerbated by members who can't provide bug reports in the required format for action to be taken.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I'm not sure but I think they would have started working on DBC 19, if they have planned a sequel. In my opinion, they just need to take the positives or what worked from both DBC 14 & DBC 17, add those motion captured animations from their new in-house facility and improve the presentation. You would be surprised how awesome it would end up being.

I really think DBC is just 1 step away from competing in the big league.

I agree that DBC is just one step away from being something really special. That's why it's a little frustrating that it's so close. I do think that if they do a future release they may as well save it 'till 2020 as the title Don Bradman Cricket 2020 has an obvious cricket theme / ring to it.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
When you attempt to play a leg glance to a ball pitched out side the leg stump and get caught at 2nd or 3rd slip. Then there's a problem with the game.

When number 10 and 11 Batsmen continue to make centuries after the top order has failed and your team is 9 - 135. Then there's a problem with the game.

When you play a forward defensive shot to a ball pitched on leg stump and get caught at 3rd slip. Then there's a problem with the game.

When the score card only contains Catches. Then there's a problem with the game.

When the bat pad is deadly. Then there's a problem with the game.

When every time you play the cut shot or hook shot and it fly's through the air and not straight to ground as a well timed shot should. Then there's a problem with the game.

When there is not another patch and what we have is all that we will get. Then there's a problem with the Developers?

"When the scorecard only contains catches". That's spot on and frustratingly unreal, particularly when the keeper's catches get credited to the fielders. I always find the 7th or 8th wicket partnerships the big ones. Some good points but at least DBC17 as it stands is better than been stuck on Ashes 09. Thanks.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
See the edited post as that was what I meant to say. Obviously a catch to a forward defensive shot pitched on Off stump is obviously a legitimate out and I would not have any problem with that.

I am sorry that I have a opinion on the game and the Audacity to express same. Whilst some things were fixed, other things were not. Some of us contributors don't believe that the 4th patch was the panacea to many of the games ills that some believe it to be.

I might be harping on about it but my panacea will be when all stats are correct. The least I expect in a cricket game. I'm grateful for what we've got at least. Some people are obviously disappointed that we bring to attention imperfections but isn't that the point of the forum? If it helps get the game as close to greatness with the finest details possible then isn't that great on the part of the developers and the buyers / players?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The game was rushed to make Xmas sales and was released broken and patched retrospectively to somewhat arguably a polished standard 4.0.... Maybe if this 4.0 version was the game they released last Xmas and 4 patches later we have an even better product is what we should be striving for. This game was a frustrating experience from day 1 because we expected something better than DBC14 and today after 4 patches we are still wondering which game is better

"The game was rushed to make Xmas sales". That's why I say save the next one not until 2019 as many people keep commenting but the cricket themed year 2020. Then Don Bradman Cricket 2020 can surely be perfect!!![DOUBLEPOST=1495978018][/DOUBLEPOST]
stats still need to be fixed in a career with the 50 still not fixed as it says I have made 2 not 1

Yep. Would love stats to be correct. It's the least I want. Imagine playing a Formula One game and your times or number of laps all being wrong?!

Users who are viewing this thread