Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

pitch is a lot more worn, interestingly though it now looks like the brisborn pitch i played a 20/20 on which was set to day 5 wear

yes i survived day one lol

australia first innings 268

top scorers haddin 62(52) and ponting 48(48)

swann 6/134 and flintoff 1/36

england(me) 132/9

top scorers collingwood 28(59) and harmison 18*(47)

lee 2/14 and johnson 2/28

anderson is my other man standing and he is on 5(40)

it impressed me how the ai was all out attack on my two tailenders but it seemed as the overs passed and i played safe and hit well the field become more orthodox as in to show they had got a bit of respect or whatever for the two

dare i play the next day lol?

Good summary, you're going to need an excellent bowling performance in the 2nd Aussie innings to have a chance I feel, least Harmison/Anderson are providing unlikely stand ins for now. Quick question, I'd imagine you can but surely you can save the game after overs yeah?

pitch is a lot more worn, interestingly though it now looks like the brisborn pitch i played a 20/20 on which was set to day 5 wear

You may have not realised the thunderstorm over night!!! Pad up and get outt here lol!

Cheers for the update its turning my dull tuesday night into an interesting one.....Kind of! lol

Good summary, you're going to need an excellent bowling performance in the 2nd Aussie innings to have a chance I feel, least Harmison/Anderson are providing unlikely stand ins for now. Quick question, I'd imagine you can but surely you can save the game after overs yeah?

i think im right in saying you can save after any ball

You may have not realised the thunderstorm over night!!! Pad up and get outt here lol!

Cheers for the update its turning my dull tuesday night into an interesting one.....Kind of! lol

Yes this game sounds really good. i really want to play.

it impressed me how the ai was all out attack on my two tailenders but it seemed as the overs passed and i played safe and hit well the field become more orthodox as in to show they had got a bit of respect or whatever for the two

Heaven!

Now if the game allows us to restrict the AI batsmen to a realistic run rate without them thrashing at every other ball then this sort of AI fielding, coupled with them bowling to the field, means game on for full, intense test matches that last 5 days.

Game on by the look of it :banana2

i should have made a tally of how many times lily and thompson have been mentioned by the commentary, by far my biggest annoyence with the game. i get the message that tony greig(?) feared for his life but surely its time for warne or someone to talk

Quick early wickets and they'll be on the rack. Come on Freddie, James and Graeme!

who cares :noway,
i can manage without these when we have a great gameplay

I DO !!! When you talk about realism, this is a very basic thing that existed in BLC 99. Also, since they already who a cut scene of the empire how difficult would it have been to show a screen for that. Atleast that would made it look closer to the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread