Is Graeme Swann is England's biggest spinner of Cricket Ball ?

JohnS

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Graeme Swann is playing outstanding test cricket for last few months and he has given the England attack a completely different look and feel as with his ten-wicket haul in the Chittagong Test against Bangladesh, he has moved into second place in the ICC rankings for Test bowlers.....................

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The beauty of Graeme Swann isn't in the amount he turns it, but his variations. He has excellent control of flight, drift and turn. His 'slider' is very well disguised, and on a turning pitch it's what does a significant amount of damage. Obviously he's capable of turning it sharply too, but it's variation in turn, flight and pace that does the damage.

Owzat

International Coach
But because Giles and Panesar turn it away from the right-hander he was not high in the pecking order until one retired and one misfired :doh How many spinners have we got through in the last 10-15 years? Panesar, Giles, Swann, Batty, Dawson, Such, Croft, Salisbury, Schofield, Udal - have I missed any? (probably)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Tredwell. Yardy. That other off-spinner guy who was more of a batsman and a good fielder, played a few ODIs, JD something?

Lee1981

International Coach
Fingers crossed swanny can keep it going for a few more years yet, he is definately the best english spinner ive ever seen.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Rashid, coz many people in England and a lot cricket pundits tip him to be the best spinner in England.

And Tredwell, coz he's a really awesome bowler and I'm a bit biased towards Kent :p

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
The thing about Swann is that he's right on the money from the first ball. It's no coincidence that he keeps getting a wicket in his first over.

Tredwell is a decent county spinner but he won't ever be world class. Rashid will be back at some stage, it's a matter of when he'll be given a chance.

Lee1981

International Coach
Rashid, coz many people in England and a lot cricket pundits tip him to be the best spinner in England.

And Tredwell, coz he's a really awesome bowler and I'm a bit biased towards Kent :p

so basically you like or think rashid is better than swann because other people rate him, that's a new concept on someones own opinion to me.

Rashid is not good enough for the england test team if he was he would of been in instead of tredwell, i believe he will be waiting in the wings for a while yet, swann has set up camp and hopefully for a long stay.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Well, I have no idea about how Rashid performs in the domestic circuit except for the access to randumb stats on cricinfo. I did however watch an ODI series a few months back when Adil was in the squad. The commentators kept gushing about him. So after going through some articles about him, I felt a bit convinced that this boy can deliver on the big stage.

So yeah, I can't form my opinion without actually seeing him play. Is that fine with you, master? :doh

As for James, he's got his big call a bit late in his career. And if Monty does come back, all hell is going to break loose in the spin-dept.

Swanny's doing well at the moment. But we aren't far away from the day when the opposition reads him and reads him through. Remember Ajantha Mendis? :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread