2009 - Champions Trophy
2010 - T20 WC
2011 - Cricket World Cup
2012 - T20 WC
2013 - Champions Trophy
2014 - T20 WC
2015 - Cricket World Cup
2016 - T20 WC

And so on, with the two major ODI events occurinf every two years, and the T20 major every two alternating years.

Only problem, massive overdose of Cricket world tourneys, maybe overkill

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I feel that the 2011 WC could go to Aus,given the current problems in the sub-continent.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ICC_World_Cup_2011.PNG

i d k where else to put this logo. but this is gona be the logo for '11. pretty kool. got the deshi/desi look. these logos never failed to brings out the culture of the places. 07 brought the caribbean vibe, 03 Africa...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Nice logo for the 2011 World Cup.

I also heard that the 2011 World Cup is going to go back to the format of the 2003 World Cup (two groups of 7 teams for the group stages). Also heard that this time instead of the Super Eights, its going to be "quarterfinals". If true, then this World Cup will be one hell of a fun ride. I loved the 2003 format, and I also like the quarterfinal idea.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
yup they are trying everyy thing to put the big teams through. they dont want another 07.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
yup they are trying everyy thing to put the big teams through. they dont want another 07.

2007 was a crappy format. One defeat against Bangladesh, and India were out of the tournament (same with Pakistan, one defeat to Ireland and they were out). It was like a lottery. On your day if you are lucky enough to win, you go to the Super Eights (thats how Bangladesh and Ireland went). Here its far better. You have to play 6 games and get into the final four from your group. 99% of the time, this will allow the best teams (not just the hyped teams) to come to the front and get into the next stage. This is a better format not only for the big teams, but for the overall tournament.

P

pcfan123

agreed, the format for 2007 did not ensure that the best teams made it to the final stages. That entire world cup was a joke.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well I think it had merit but they were booking on the 8 Super Powers or cricket to get through but Ireland and Bangladesh sprung a couple of upsets and threw a spanner into the works.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am also looking forward to a World Cup in Australia. The grounds are so good looking and the cricket is often of the highest quality.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
^ wtf?, thats the 1992 logo, it'll be awesome to have the worldcup here i'll be going to every match in Auckland and maybe Hamilton.

Users who are viewing this thread