25 Players to look out for

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Neil Wagner. NZ are lacking a pace bowler and he could be our next good one.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Finn's not gonna play ODI cricket for a while though is he? I'd suggest Mitch Marsh otherwise.

Depends if you want established ODI stars or not. There are plenty of good players under 28 who have played less than 100 ODIs. You've listed many of them. Maybe you want a mix of established players and up and comers.
Here's my list of 20 more established players, but who are still pretty young:
Australia - Cameron White, Shaun Marsh, Callum Ferguson
Bangladesh - Shakib Al Hasan
Eng - Stuart Broad
India - Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli
NZ - Ross Taylor, Martin Guptill
Pak - Salman Butt, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul
SA - AB De Villiers, Hashim Amla, Dale Steyn
SL - Upul Tharanga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Ajantha Mendis
WI - Keiron Pollard, Jerome Taylor

And here's more players - a couple from each country. Some are borderline guys who may not even get picked, some have only just hit the scene and some are talented guys have previously only flashed potential for short periods eg. Tamim, Yusuf P.
Aus - Davey Warner, Steven Smith
Ban - Tamim Iqbal, Naeem Islam
Eng - Craig Kieswetter, Adil Rashid
Ind - Yusuf Pathan, Pragyan Ojha
Irl - Paul Stirling
NZ - Tim Southee, Neil Broom
Pak - Mohammad Aamer, Ahmed Shehzad
SA - Wayne Parnell, Roelef van der Merwe
SL - Angelo Matthews, Suraj Randiv
WI - Kemar Roach, Adrian Barath
Zim - Graeme Cremer

That was fun making that list, some real good players in that lot.

kirby

School Cricketer
Mitchell Marsh, future Australian captain and all-rounder.

TumTum

International Cricketer
For Australia:
Phillip Hughes - Will be one of the great openers
Mitchell Marsh - A technically superb batsmen
Josh Hazlewood - The next Glenn McGrath

Sobi

Banned
Hey hey, I do not appreciate the KKD hate! :mad He's a boss! One of the most talented cricketers we have tbh

Oh, and I may be from Chennai but my mom's side is from Karnataka and my dad is from Maharashra so yeah, that argument is out the window...

Dirk Nannes?? He is 34 years old!

No no, i don't hate him. Infact, I liked KKD than most of the youngsters. I even liked him better than Raina but looking at his use of the opportunities he got, he failed every single one of them. I still don't hate him but he is just not meant for international competition. He got talent and he can be very successful at domestic level but he is just not good enough for the international level. Same goes for Badrinath, he dominates the domestic cricket, looking at his 50ish average in first class, but he just can't play at international level. He got the skills but they are just not enought to keep him in international cricket.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would have thought that if you were writing about up and coming players, that the restriction on the number of ODIs they've played would be much lower. i.e. 20. If they've played more than that then people will already be looking out for them, and supporting them...

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Australia

Mitchell Marsh
Josh Hazlewood
Alister McDermott

England

James Taylor
Ben Stokes

South Africa

Rilee Rossouw

New Zealand

Kane Williamson
Corey Anderson

West Indies

Kraigg Brathwaite
Jason Holder

Just a few young players that I've seen play cricket that have already done fairly well in domestic cricket in thier home country and haven't already played international cricket yet, but should do in the future.

King Cricket

International Coach
I don't know whether Manoj Tiwary will be picked for the World Cup, but if he does get selected, he's certainly a guy to watch out for. The only solid Bengali batsman in the horizon.

harrisb

International Coach
I'd suggest the following players for England:

Craig Kieswetter
Eoin Morgan
Michael Lumb

ajdude

International Coach
Are you doing associates as well? If so, you have George Dockrell from Ireland, only 17 but he's gonna be a gun, heh.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
And here's more players - a couple from each country. Some are borderline guys who may not even get picked, some have only just hit the scene and some are talented guys have previously only flashed potential for short periods eg. Tamim, Yusuf P.

SL - Angelo Matthews, Suraj Randiv

Mathews will definitely get picked, far more likely to succeed than tharanga.

I liked that big long haired bruiser that played for Mumbai in the IPL, Tiwary, can't remember the first name. I doubt he'll break through for the world cup but he looks a decent limited over player. He looked fit too which marks him out from the current batch of indian pie eating youngsters.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Michael Lumb

Lumb is 30. CM said he wanted peple under 28. Although I would say Under 25 would be ab better option if you really wanted players for the future who could still be included in the World Cup Squad.

There is a lot of young talent on the England secene, but don't imagine many of them being in the WC squad. If you wanted to do WC Squad I would say Broad and Morgan are the best be for England. I also like Bresnan as a player and don't see what is wrong with him that the others see? :p

Users who are viewing this thread