25 Players to look out for

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Hi everyone

I am trying to compile a list of 25 cricketers to look out for in the future. I have a summer project in mind that might involve publishing a small book (will help with applications to tougher schools next year) to be released in India around the time of the WC. I was thinking about writing a book on 25 players for the future as there has already been so much said about the greats and it might be refreshing to write/read about the next generation players.

So I am trying to keep it to players who have played less than 120 ODIs, and pref. under 28 years old. Try to pick players that will probably make their respective WC squads.

So far I was thinking:

India
1. Suresh Raina
2. Virat Kohli
3. Dinesh Karthik
4. Gautam Gambhir

England
5. Stuart Broad
6. Eoin Morgan
7. Tim Bresnan

Australia
8. Phillip Hughes
9. Cameron White
10. Shane Watson
11. Doug Bollinger

Pakistan
12. Umar Akmal
13. M Aamer

South Africa
14. AB De Villiers
15. Morne Morkel
16. Dale Steyn

West Indies
17. Kieron Pollard
18. Darren Sammy
19. Adrian Barath
20. Kemar Roach

NZ
21. Tim Southee

Help me out!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
NZ

Kane Williamson

Bangladesh

Shakib Al Hasan
Tamim Iqbal

South Africa

Wayne Parnell

Adil Rashid and James Taylor are better English prospects than Tim Bresnan as well TBH. Agree on the shout of Mathews too, looks a heck of a player. Mendis surely worth a shout-out too?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Steven Smith is another worth a mention as well. Looks like he could be the Australian's LO spinner by the WC. David Warner?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Darren Bravo will probably get in the West Indies WC squad. Everyone that has seen him bat so far says that he has a great future ahead of him and reminds them of Lara. His only weaknesses at the moment are inexperience and that he is a offside player primarily.
With all the injures to the fast bowlers in the West Indies team I wouldn't be surprised if Jason Holder gets in.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh

Shakib Al Hasan
Tamim Iqbal
Mahmudullah Riyad
Musfiqure Rahim/Shafiul Islam

7. Tim Bresnan

Get rid of Bresnan and pick the new keeper

Australia

Cameron White
Shane Watson
Steven Smith
Mitchell Johnson

playkid12

Club Captain
There should be no reason for Dinesh Karthik on that list. He's not talented.

oh, wait, you're from Tamil Nadu.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
David Miller will probably make SAs WC squad. Picking someone like steyn who has been rated the best fast bowler in the world for about 2 years is a bit obvious. Also, I'm echoing hmarka with angelo mathews.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I feel we are all missing some 1. Mendis? ... Naah. Swann? nah, I mean he is good and he is an obvious choice, but not him though... Who?? Huseey? May be. But still. Idk, we are missing some 1..

Sobi

Banned
Dinesh Karthik? :laugh:laugh He has proven himself alot. We don't want any more explanations from him. All the opportunities he has gotten, he ruined all of them. He is just another useless player who can only look in good touch at domestic level. He isn't the player for International level.

Gautam Gambhir is ok but I wouldn't include him in the list because eventhogh he had been in the form of him life about 8 or 9 months ago, he is failing ever since then. He is out of form for too long now. Maybe he payed for pride before and he was actually doing good but now something has happened to him and he has lost his touch. He makes silly mistakes and gets out now where in his early days, he was very careful and picked right shots at right time. Now he forgot his foot movement for which he is well known for.

Dhoni should be included in the list because he is a player who is very very consistent. He places his innings very carefully and once he is set, bowles know what is coming for them. He is one of the best destructive batsman in the world. He can killany bowler during the powerplays.

Where is Dirk Nannes???

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Hey hey, I do not appreciate the KKD hate! :mad He's a boss! One of the most talented cricketers we have tbh

Oh, and I may be from Chennai but my mom's side is from Karnataka and my dad is from Maharashra so yeah, that argument is out the window...

Dirk Nannes?? He is 34 years old!

Users who are viewing this thread