25 Players to look out for

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
England
Ben Stokes

Stokes is a great shout. Could be a sleeper pick for the WC side if he continues to play well for Durham. He's looked brilliant whenever I've seen him. Has a pretty simple technique, hits the ball very hard and far and he bowls. Definitely one of the better young batsmen in England ATM. Quite excited for our potential batting line-up fairly far into the future:

Craig Kieswetter
Steven Davies +
Alex Hales
James Taylor
Ben Stokes
Rory Hamilton-Brown *
Luke Wright

Loving that line-up. Hamilton-Brown's the only somewhat dubious pick there, but I definitely see him as a future England player. He's clearly rated very highly, he appears to be a natural leader, has already done well as captain of Surrey, and looks a very good batsman; just needs to kick on and keep making runs. Also seems to be one of those golden-arm part-time off-spinners too.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I also like Bresnan as a player and don't see what is wrong with him that the others see?

The fact that his batting isn't good enough, his bowling is very average and he is sluggish in the field. Shouldn't be in the team in my opinion.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
The fact that his batting isn't good enough, his bowling is very average and he is sluggish in the field. Shouldn't be in the team in my opinion.

He has only played a hand ful of tests so far though. And just under half came in Bangladesh. Where he actually played pretty well which is a pretty big boost. Yes it is only Bangladesh, but in those conditions it's pretty hard to play.

Any you say he can't bat, but he currently averages 40 in test cricket (:p) obviously that will drop with a few low scores, but he still averages close to 30 in the FC game. And for all those people who say well Division 2 isn't the best, he plays in Division 1. Think everyone is a bit harsh on the fella.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Dinesh Chandimal:spy

obviously I would have posted that earlier before he scored the ton against india today, which by the way, I was confidently predicting, but my computer broke or something.

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
:| Dinesh Karthik, Tim Bresnan and Kieron Pollard are players to look out for? Karthik has been awful so far. Bresnan looks as if he lives in a pub. Pollard is a plain and simple T20 hack.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Does he fit the criteria of being young and have played less than 20 ODIs? No.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Lol.

I'm giving up today I keep missing everything and getting things wrong.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Ya :mad: ^

You made me post 3 extra posts for a simple thing that you couldn't understand. :laugh

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I am trying not to pick 'talismans'. Dale Steyn will probably go, everyone already knows he's a boss.

Thanks everyone! Keep the suggestions coming, this is good.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
India
1. Suresh Raina
2. Virat Kohli
3. Dinesh Karthik
4. Gautam Gambhir
--> Manish Pandey/Manoj Tiwary/R Ashwin

England
5. Stuart Broad
6. Eoin Morgan
7. Craig Kieswetter
--> Adil Rashid/Maybe Steven Finn

Australia
8. Phillip Hughes
9. Cameron White
10. Shane Watson
11. Doug Bollinger
--> Steven Smith, Warner

Pakistan
12. Umar Akmal
13. M Aamer
--> Salman Butt, Fawad Alam

South Africa
14. AB De Villiers
15. Morne Morkel
16. Wayne Parnell
--> Hashim Amla

West Indies
17. Kieron Pollard
18. Darren Sammy
19. Adrian Barath
20. Kemar Roach

NZ
21. Tim Southee
--> Jesse Ryder, Kane Williamson

Sri Lanka
Angelo Matthews
Ajantha Mendis
S Randiv

BAN
Tamim Iqbal
Shakib Al Hasan

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
You need to add Shafiul Islam or Riyad to Bangla list. Book will be sold in India right? They will know more about M. Riyad.

Shafiul Islam is good, but he is new, so he hasnt showed everything yet. Only been 4-5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread