International Cricket 2010 - Common Questions and Answers

But when the powerplays and restrictions are lifted AI or myself can place as many fielders around the shop they like in Twenty20's and ODI's. Now you see that the field settings are a maximum of two outside the circle at any given moment during the whole of a test match. That is not right....
I think you're trying to set a field which is illegitimate in all forms of the game...

I think you're trying to set a field which is illegitimate in all forms of the game...

Mmm, maybe I am just mad but when I set a defensive pace field there are only two blokes on the boundary, the rest are in the circle like in a ODI match. Maybe that is just a defensive field. When I have a spin defensive field have 5 or 6 fielders on the boundary. Surely there are times when pace bowlers need more than two men on the boundary in a test match!? Why then can't you do it in the game? Yes I can set a custom field, but AI can't.....

This game is seriously one hell of a challenge. Does anyone find catching hard?

I have alot of trouble getting the green thing in the timing meter to grow to the size that it is in the batting tutorials. How do you build your timing up. Also I find it near impossible to play myself in against spinner in India. I find it impossible to work any quick single without hitting against the spin and if i play a full blooded drive I miss time it and either edge it or get caught. How do you guys handle the spinners and play yourself in that situation?

Lastly with bowling, whats the best way to respond when the computer is tonking you for fours and sixes?

I have problem distinguishing colors, so could not gobble all the catches. In Hard, the colors change pretty quick. I miss about 60% of the catches.

A good way to prevent the AI from slogging is sensible field position. I usually have 3-4 fielders on the boundary off side (third man-bit too fine for the backfoot glance over the top, deep cover and long off (square). Then have 2 on the on (deep square leg and deep midwicket).
Have a 2nd slip for spinners, you can get a few good catching chances.

Also ensure that you bowl to your field (outside off in this case), it works for me most of the time.

Also the AI seems to slog too much on the 7th over (50 over ODI) and based on how much you score (batting first) AI will pace their chase well, sometimes they are hard to contain during powerplay and field restricted initial overs

csnbharathi added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

I find it near impossible to play myself in against spinner in India. I find it impossible to work any quick single without hitting against the spin and if i play a full blooded drive I miss time it and either edge it or get caught. How do you guys handle the spinners and play yourself in that situation?

I play a bit early for spinners, i usually defend the first ball to gauge the timing and then go for some shots (Behind square leg and 3rd man) for spinners. AI will place a fielder after a couple of 4's, but there will be plenty of gaps to work your way

Am I missing something, or can you not edit the groups in the World Twenty20 tournament?

you need to create a custom 20/20 world cup first, then you can change the groups. you cannot change the groups in the set tournaments available.

Question :

When you create custom players, how do you get non-white skin tones for the players appearances? I've created custom players for the team I play for and it's just not right having my Indian all-rounder appear as a white dude!

Question :

When you create custom players, how do you get non-white skin tones for the players appearances? I've created custom players for the team I play for and it's just not right having my Indian all-rounder appear as a white dude!

When you get to the faces press select (ps3) and it will show you what to press for different faces. I think it?s the d-pad that changes the skin types. Don?t worry it can be done so you wont have a white skin Indian all rounder:)

Question :

Lol! It could be Eoin Morgan though.....his grandmother visited an Indian restaurant once, so that apparently puts him right into contention to be picked!:p

OK need some help here.

I have just started a Ashes series, playing on hard. I am England. How the hell do you play Hauritz with left handers, Cook and Strauss both on bold but keep edging the ball to slips he is bowling over the wicket so constantly angling the ball onto leg stump, no problems playing him with Right Hand batsman.

Any help would be appreciated.

Erm, simple question here. Is this game worth ?20 of my money? Considering getting it beacuse I want a cricket game for my PS3 and I thought I might as well get the latest one.

Is the online play any good? (Realism?) Are Test Matches realistic? How much can we edit? Finally will I get bored of it in a day like other cricket games?

Users who are viewing this thread