The Book Thread

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm halfway through 1984, and quite enjoying it. I've got a whole heap of books on the iPad (lots of classics and some modern stuff) so it'd be good if I could get through a number of them :)

The good thing is that it syncs my bookmarks to my iPhone so I can read it when I'm not at home or if my parents/sister are using the iPad.

Chewie

BCCI President
Well I like real books but you can't deny that it is convenient

I think if I like the books that I read on it I'll go out and buy a physical copy, like what I do with albums

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
hwang-plo-big-game-strategy.png

haven't read much of it so far, just a few pages but it has given a decent grounding. playing my first plo tournament at the minute (only a 3 dollar buy in) and despite some noobish mistakes i'm not doing too badly. very soft fields in plo

King Cricket

International Coach
Orhan Pamuk is one of the best modern authors I've read. Presently engrossed in 'Snow'- a very thought-provoking novel which offers an incisive and multi-dimensional insight into the malady and of the non-Western world.

Last edited:

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Bought a couple of the Harrington on Holdem tournament strategy guides, bit pointless as I know most of what is in them already, but still, won't hurt.

Currently reading hitchiker's guide to the galaxy. it is awesome.

Will Browne

Club Cricketer
Finished reading The Catcher in the Rye. It's both quirky and thought provoking and being at a simililar age now as the main character, themes from my own life pop up throughout and that's what made this book special for me.

Chewie

BCCI President
I used to read so much Enid Blyton when I was younger

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
19 years in age but still can't leave the detective novels of Franklin Dixon - Hardy Boys .

Users who are viewing this thread