Your Cricket What Pace can you Face

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think I find it pretty easy to face any delivery up-to 140 Kmph.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I had a friend who could bowl real fast with a taped tennis ball. I used to handle him pretty well but never faced him with a cricket ball.

A cricket ball is way faster (due to the air drag overcoming tennis ball inertia so easily and it holding up when it bounces) and not to mention harder.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Tennis ball at high speeds is a bitch though, swings miles and like you said, holds up after pitching. And the taller ones get wicked bounce.

Dunnow how fast I could face...have had no trouble facing any quick bowlers I've faced so far in terms of speed. Probably haven't faced anyone over 70 MPH.

We did set a bowling machine at 65MPH once and that was a bitch, but yea, it just shoots out suddenly and swings a lot, not like facing a real bowlers with a runup and watching it out of the hand.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
i posted in the other thread where i faced upto 99mph but at those speeds all i could do was some sort of cover drive and hope for the best. although the ball was swinging heaps coming out of the machine which made it even harder to face.

I can face up to 78 mph before it becomes hard as i've never faced someone who can bowl faster than that.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Tennis ball at high speeds is a bitch though, swings miles and like you said, holds up after pitching. And the taller ones get wicked bounce.

Dunnow how fast I could face...have had no trouble facing any quick bowlers I've faced so far in terms of speed. Probably haven't faced anyone over 70 MPH.

We did set a bowling machine at 65MPH once and that was a bitch, but yea, it just shoots out suddenly and swings a lot, not like facing a real bowlers with a runup and watching it out of the hand.

I miss talking with you in this section, we think very much alike.

Yeah as long as you keep make the tennis ball bounce its very hard to play drives along the ground. Hitting it straight back to the bowler happens a lot. But i never really had trouble with fast bowling, infact i much more prefer it than facing spin. A bowler that bowls a fast ankle high full toss with inswing i pretty much dispatch it to the long on boundary all day long. Facing spin though its like a leading edge bonanza. Also the tape balls bowled at high speed dont tend to stop on you as much as from a medium pacer, if you play straight and with good technique they ping nicely off the bat and easy to defend against. With a medium pace ball though they tend to stop and you and most of the have side spin on them which makes playing straight very risky as well so u gotto almost treat them as spinners.

----------

Also in tape balls, the swing always happens from the hand so you can pick it easy.

----------

But maybe thats coz i havent faced the shoaib akhtars of gully cricket you have in Pakistan :p

----------

Oops you're not from pak... Ignore me this is what happens when you dont get enough sleep...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Lol, it's UAE, close enough. We have some slingers and some really quick dudes. I've face a few who get late swing, real bitch to play. Especially when they get it really full, you tend to miss the half-volleys as well.

Spinners are awesome in tape ball. Good spinners who get revs on the ball are vital, cause you get drift and the ball usually holds up after pitching. But if they drop short it's extremely easy to put away. Low margin for error when bowling spin, have to keep it full.

Pacers get away with more.

And either way, hitting the tape ball in the air is a recipe for disaster. It hangs and gets caught in the wind. Always best to play down the ground. It helps to face the quicker bowlers then.

That's why I used to bowl slow medium pace mainly, with the side spin as you mention. It grips when pitching, easier to bowl yorkers on demand, and less pace so harder to put away. But then I switched to offies since I could rip them well and got nice flight, and some turn and bounce after pitching. Picking up wickets from mistimed slogs mostly, but generally getting milked for singles which is not a problem at all in tape ball cricket.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Generally with a tape ball i come down the track to minimise late swing and some bounce. It is a hell of a hard work to hit sixs with it because it wind can take it, but in all fairness to the feilder they aren't always easy catchs, specially skyers. Have to say through harder to time and don't hurt, gives more courage to play shots that you would try with the cricket ball. Like the over-the-keeper scoop or dangerous yorkers or bouncer. It is much easier to play pace and can easy play 80 mph but struggle with anymore. However with cricket ball can face tops at 70-75 mph and take much less risk.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I can face a bowler with speed upto 130 kmph. The bowlers with speed of 140 kmph are a bit tough for me to handle.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Eager to face Malinga:p

dajesmac

Club Captain
I was facing around 125kph at around ages 14-16. It was scary ---- back then, not sure I'd be much more comfortable with it now at 18 (haven't played at my academy for quite a while.

Lol, it's UAE, close enough.

Are you actually Emirati? I think Emirati's playing cricket is an awesome concept.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
My personal opinion is most people have added at least 10kph onto bowling speeds in this thread ;)

ved_

International Coach
I am still very young and judging at the pace of the bowler's I think I can handle 120 km/h.

Users who are viewing this thread