Your Cricket What Pace can you Face

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How quickly they pick length from the bowlers hand is just awesome.

Maybe turning this around somewhat from what pace you can face...

Who would you least like to face? Most of the tall Windies quicks would be fairly terrifying. Always thought Harmison would be pretty scary when he was bowling 90mph because you'd have no idea where it was going ha

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I suppose that's why they are international cricketers. Reps to the bowlers too for actually being able to release the ball that fast.

The fact is all top sportsmen really are fairly superhuman.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Very well said, but what you ignored is the reaction time. With small pitches the reaction for the batsman gets decreased considerably and that according to my view is equivalent to facing a delivery of a little more pace.

What I personally consider is that if a guy bowls at 120kmph on a 22 yards pitch, his pace on a 14 or an 18 yards pitch is something equivalent to a 130kmph delivery on a normal 22 yards pitch as the batsman gets much less reaction time to hit the ball. :)

I personally feel much comfortable batting on short pitches against a hard ball - cricket ball or synthetic one - rather than long pitch and on lighter balls. In fact, I hardly middle the ball playing against lighter balls on long pitch perhaps because of swing while there is less chances of the ball to swing on shorter pitches.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Fidel Edwards, Lasith Malinga and the rest of the slingers would be a bloody nightmare.

No other bowler requires the umpire's hat to be removed.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Fidel Edwards, Lasith Malinga and the rest of the slingers would be a bloody nightmare.

No other bowler requires the umpire's hat to be removed.

Yeah as much as I'm thinking a straight Harmy bouncer or a Marshall short ball would be deadly... a toe crushing inswinging yorker from Malinga or maybe Thomson would mean I'd probably never walk again ha

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I saw balls from Brett Lee that looked as if they'd swung from being a wide to leg stump... Considering he is the fastest bowler ever (unless it's been broken recently, I can't remember. I still remember his 161.8 km/h) as well, that is probably the worst.

With Malinga's action you know you have to be ready for something weird, though you'd probably be more relaxed with Lee as his action is very orthodox. This thinking you'd hold alone would make it tougher to face Lee.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I saw balls from Brett Lee that looked as if they'd swung from being a wide to leg stump... Considering he is the fastest bowler ever (unless it's been broken recently, I can't remember. I still remember his 161.8 km/h) as well, that is probably the worst.

I though Shoaib Akhtar was the fastest bowler but bowler as a whole, I thought Brett Lee had much better control of the ball and made that more lethal than his Pakistani counterpart.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I though Shoaib Akhtar was the fastest bowler but bowler as a whole, I thought Brett Lee had much better control of the ball and made that more lethal than his Pakistani counterpart.

Yeah definitely considering Lee played more in his later years, Akhtar would have had the highest average delivery speed ever, but Lee bowled the fastest ball, and it didn't require anything like Shaun Tait trying to bowl the ball as fast as possible, it was a good, controlled delivery like you say.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe the early Binger would have been pretty terrifying. When McGrath was still playing he was pretty much made to run in and bowl yorkers and bouncers. Later Lee was more line and length, and as such I could probably happily just nick off to my first ball. Maybe even get a streaky outside edge for four :p Malinga though, I'd already be backing away or thinking about getting my feet out the way. Whilst Harmy I'd be stuck on my back foot petrified he'd get a bouncer straight (probably something similar to the thought patterns of whoever was standing in the slips too :p)

spooony

Club Captain
Just keep your eye on the ball. Your eye can pick it up easily no matter the pace. The faster a ball the quicker your eye picks it up. What you can not pick up is a ball just up the horizontal pane of your eyesight there you will lose sight of it for a split second. That is a spinners main weapon.

BadAss

School Cricketer
Max. 105 KPH
And yeah, We have bowlers who bowl at this pace with the rubber ball. :)

spooony

Club Captain
The quicker you bowl the quicker you disappear. You might beat a batsman once with the short stuff but once you get predictable this happens to you

Klusener_zps531d8a1b.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread