Your Cricket What Pace can you Face

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just post up what pace you think you can face before you start wetting yourself. Also if you can face fast speeds, don't mind giving others tips :)

---------------

KM/H

Personally, 110-115 is my comfort zone because I can manage to hit the ball with such a heavy bat (its a SS). 120 I can face it, but not time it too well. 125, pretty much ducking and edging, and 130 I'd love to be sent back to the pavilion asap.

With facing pace, I feel a double step forward makes it easier to face, so just move your front foot a bit on the delivery stride, then again where its going to be placed. Although you can stutter sometimes as I've done before.

bladescape

Club Cricketer
90 is my personal favourite,but I can face up to 115 before I want to go back to the pavilion.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Tips to face till 140:
Full COncentration and nothing else
For higher speed you need too good hand and eye coordination and your footwork's gotta be fast and yeah there should be no fear in your mind.Materials for getting good footwork I suggest Kookaburra Pads, Aero Thigh Pads and Puma Half Spikes shoes.To improve your hand and eye coordination play PC Racing games like Moto GP etc.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
To improve your hand and eye coordination play PC Racing games like Moto GP etc.

Lololol

I can face like 120 maybe 130. Not well though :D

I can't face out and out fast bowling, I prefer spin.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I can face upwards of 95mph.

Whether I'm standing in front of the wicket or at square leg is a different matter.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I think I hit the ball to the boundary about 3 times when facing a bowling machine bowling at 145 kph...

If that counts :p

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Well when it's my day, I can face up to 98MPH. But on average days I can face only 90KPH.

One a more serious note, I can only face up to 65MPH before I start to back away to the Legside...Decent considering I'm a No.11 :cool:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I could probably face upto 120. I can face any pace, I could survive 120. But then again, for me survive is just blocking and swerving and not playing shots, so maybe it could be higher.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
I really don't know what pace I can face. Maybe 80km/ph. Sounds dumb though as I play in the younger grades.

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
I really don't know what pace I can face. Maybe 80km/ph. Sounds dumb though as I play in the younger grades.

Nah not really, when I was in my first year of U14, the word 100km/h was just incredible. That was what I thought to be the fastest you could bowl or bat against, although you start to move up as you grow.

h123786

Club Cricketer
I can face any pace i've faced 140 on some occasions and im not saying its a piece of cake it is difficult u need to be quick to face it

Users who are viewing this thread