International Cricket 2010, Ashes Cricket 2009 Online Play Servers Off

D

Deleted member 9102

So there's no good cricket games around still? I kind of lost hope in ever seeing one that was anywhere near realistic, was one of the reasons I almost forgot about this site.

TAOC was a glimmer of hope for a few years, but that's dead and buried now unfortunately.

:(

D

Deleted member 9102

You've heard of Big Ant Cricket and Ashes Cricket 2013, haven't you?
Yeah, and I hope I'm wrong with my expectations for both of them.

Big Ant - I had a look at their website and there's next to no info on it apart from bold promises.

Ashes - I got burned for buying the pile of turd that 09 was, played IC10 and didn't like it, not expecting much better this time around.

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but following cricket games for the last few years hasn't given much reason for hope!

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, and I hope I'm wrong with my expectations for both of them.

Big Ant - I had a look at their website and there's next to no info on it apart from bold promises.

Ashes - I got burned for buying the pile of turd that 09 was, played IC10 and didn't like it, not expecting much better this time around.

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but following cricket games for the last few years hasn't given much reason for hope!

Yes I'm cynical too. I'm not sure about Big Ant, but Ashes 2013 are trying to be really transparant about what they're thinking and how they're making the game. Cheif's ongoing presence on the forums and answering most questions is somewhat reassuring, since in the past we've been mostly shunned by developers.

So I'm hopeful for Ashes 2013, with Big Ant as a possible back-up. It's at least nice to know there will be two 3D cricket games coming out next year. 2011 and 2012 were desert wastelands.

D

Deleted member 9102

Yes I'm cynical too. I'm not sure about Big Ant, but Ashes 2013 are trying to be really transparant about what they're thinking and how they're making the game. Cheif's ongoing presence on the forums and answering most questions is somewhat reassuring, since in the past we've been mostly shunned by developers.

So I'm hopeful for Ashes 2013, with Big Ant as a possible back-up. It's at least nice to know there will be two 3D cricket games coming out next year. 2011 and 2012 were desert wastelands.
I'll give both of them a fair try anyway, and you're right in saying that it's better to have two cricket games out than none at all! :)

Nikhil V

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there any other cricket games with multi player [online or offline] support?Iam bored Ashes cricket even take lot of min to load on my pc WIN7.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there any other cricket games with multi player [online or offline] support?Iam bored Ashes cricket even take lot of min to load on my pc WIN7.
Cricket Revolution's online play is still up, but I believe the account creation option is still broken.

Otherwise cricket games with LAN play (BLIC07, Cricket Revolution and some older games) can be used with software that creates a Virtual network - Hamachi used to be the standard but I believe it has gone paid only.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket Revolution's online play is still up, but I believe the account creation option is still broken.

Otherwise cricket games with LAN play (BLIC07, Cricket Revolution and some older games) can be used with software that creates a Virtual network - Hamachi used to be the standard but I believe it has gone paid only.

I don't think that anyone can find a friendly opponent online now .

Nikhil V

Banned
BLIC has compatible issues with WIN7.And i don't like the graphics of CR.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BLIC works on WIN7 . (Lets not discuss it here how ?).

Users who are viewing this thread