How are you doing in your school?

Do you like your school

• Total voters

Dipak

ICC Board Member
I have always got more than 90 but I don't give a ----. There are girls in our class who butter the teachers and get more marks, guess that's their way. Marks are not important, KNOWLEDGE is.

P

pcfan123

actually only interviewing is important.

I have a very crappy GPA but have a way better job than people I know who had good grades but no social skills.

It's all about how you communicate and sell yourself. Unless you are aiming for some personality killing empirical field like engineering.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Unless you are aiming for some personality killing empirical field like engineering.
Being an engineering student myself, I would gladly disagree that. Not everyone has to become nerd to be engineer. I think I can socialize well with others so that's not the problem for me. Don't know why the world hate engineers, Once you past graduation, you can live a luxurious life which most of the people can only dream of.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is a fantastic point, Mark. That is exactly the issue, being good at studies/getting marks are one side of the coin. Apart from this, whether or not do you have good communication skills is so much more important, in today's world. You go for an interview, no matter how educated you are, if you aren't communicating well then we all know the result.

Varun

ICC Board Member
It depends on what you mean by educated, Aditya. If you're doing your education 'right', you wouldn't need to specifically focus on communication skills.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I was just telling that I am a person , who , learn things by undertanding them . I don't learn things by heart or whatever , I understand them and write them in my own words , because I know , the people who learn things by heart will never ever be successful in their lives .And IGCSE is a education for students who undertand things because in the cambridge exam , they give questons about what you have learnt , not the questions which you have studied in books .Its all about knowledge .

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
IGCSE is not about understanding and writing in your own words. It is about rote learning every single fact, doing tonnes of past papers and then writing down exactly what's in the text book/past exams in the exam.

Just a tip if you intended to write answers in your own words in the exam.

Also, what the hell is KSS and PSS?

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I am not an IGCSE stuent right now .:p

KSS stands for Kuwait Social Studies and PSS stands for Pakistan Social Studies .

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I was just telling that I am a person , who , learn things by undertanding them . I don't learn things by heart or whatever , I understand them and write them in my own words , because I know , the people who learn things by heart will never ever be successful in their lives .And IGCSE is a education for students who undertand things because in the cambridge exam , they give questons about what you have learnt , not the questions which you have studied in books .Its all about knowledge .

You're not telling me, that you are considering applying to Cambridge.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You're not telling me, that you are considering applying to Cambridge.

Nope , I'll be looking forward to do masters in Science .:spy

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I am in Cambridge and my examination session begins in May/June 2013,IT is true that IGCSE is about learning every Fact as i agree with thedon5 but,Nobody Can Learn Every single fact that is of (1)points/marks in the past papers of even 5 subjects.

Last edited:

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
The most important key to success is hard work. If you're prepared to to do the effort, and are willing to work on your weaknesses, there is no reason why you cant achieve what you aim for.

From what I've read, Pallu seems to fit the bill. Dont know why people are crapping on you. Well done for your results mate :thumbs

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The most important key to success is hard work. If you're prepared to to do the effort, and are willing to work on your weaknesses, there is no reason why you cant achieve what you aim for.

From what I've read, Pallu seems to fit the bill. Dont know why people are crapping on you. Well done for your results mate :thumbs

Thanks , I really appreciate it .:thumbs :)

Nginator

School Cricketer
Almost finishing Year 9 and about to start Year 10. This year has gone like literally fast for me, I remember like coming into high school like it was yesterday and now today it's almost the end of Year 9. Any advice on Year 10, or whatever you guys call it. Form something.

Users who are viewing this thread