South Africa v Pakistan in UAE Oct/Nov 2013

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Asim Kamal was another wonderful number 6 who was sacrificed for the likes of Faisal Iqbal. He had a solid technique and temparment suited for Test Cricket. :facepalm

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
PakistanI SelectorS=Assholes

War

Chairman of Selectors

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fawad Alam, I remember him, test century in difficult condition in NZ, some pretty decent ODI knocks.

He has only one century which came against SL :spy
^This. That was his debut match. Interestingly he opened the innings on that occasion. Not to take anything away from Fawad, the conditions were very tough for batting, or at least Pakistan made it look like that falling like nine pins once being in a commanding position. I remember Kulasekara wrecking havoc in that test.

----------

South Africa news : Injury prevents Steyn from training | Cricket News | Pakistan v South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

Ahh Steyn potential absence will expose S Africa's quota selection policy here. In Marchant De Lange or Hardus Viljeon you have two young tear-away bowlers who could at least give the proteas a tearaway option if Steyn is ruled out - even though they won't have all his other skills.

But instead they will have to pick a nothing bowler and player in Klienvelt.

Yes, that is so frustrating and more than anything else, unjust for the better players. A player should always make in to the team on merit like how things are for WI and India, two of the cricket teams having a large variety of people coming from different backgrounds, culture and religion. It is a shame to see someone like de Lange or Rusty Theron miss out from the team due to the quota system. It should not be put into practice in the national at least. Doing it on the grass root level is still understandable upto an extent but encouraging it at the highest level is a big let down for deserving players.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I expect a more spinning track for the next match.I dont think this pitch was near to that when we played against England.It wasn't spinning much but still Pakistan managed to thrash SA which is a surprise for me.

I don't know why Saffers prefer Peterson.He's just a limited spinner.If they are having him because of his batting skills then it is totally insane,after looking at their batting resources

qalisha2012

School Cricketer
Pak vs SA 2nd Test

Excitedly waiting for Pak vs SA on Wednesday 23rd october...more exciting cricket from Pakistan i hope.:)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, that is so frustrating and more than anything else, unjust for the better players. A player should always make in to the team on merit like how things are for WI and India, two of the cricket teams having a large variety of people coming from different backgrounds, culture and religion. It is a shame to see someone like de Lange or Rusty Theron miss out from the team due to the quota system. It should not be put into practice in the national at least. Doing it on the grass root level is still understandable upto an extent but encouraging it at the highest level is a big let down for deserving players.

Ye basically. I know its a touchy subject, but we already see how quota selection is preventing S Africa's ODI/T20 teams from being as dominant as the test team.

S Africa got real talent & depth - but their ability to become a similar dominant # 1 like recent AUS & Windies teams could be curtailed by these quota picks.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
He has only one century which came against SL :spy

oh you're right, who scored a century against NZ in NZ then, I vaguely remember a new player doing so.

But either way, Alama has played well, in ODIs as well, plus he bowls decent too. No reason for him not to be picked.

----------

Ye basically. I know its a touchy subject, but we already see how quota selection is preventing S Africa's ODI/T20 teams from being as dominant as the test team.

S Africa got real talent & depth - but their ability to become a similar dominant # 1 like recent AUS & Windies teams could be curtailed by these quota picks.

can you explain further? how is the quota system affecting SA, everytime I watch, the non-white players consist of Amla, Parnell (haven't seen him in a while), Petersen and very few others. Robin is good, Amla is great.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Anybody watching? Always good to see Steyn bowl like that. Troubling the batsman with both in and outswingers, and Younis Khan looked absolutely perplexed while facing him. Well, who wouldn't :clap

Pakistan 7 down before 70.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Wow the match is over in just one session.Pathetic stuff again from our batting :facepalm

SA are definitely looking very strong, another terrible batting collapse but credit to Tahir he bowled well. It'll be interesting to see SA react to Pak's spinners, will they be bale to post a big enough score?

Users who are viewing this thread