Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd call a December release high risk. Bottom line is that this series could be over by the 17th of December and whoever loses isn't going to make a great market for a new cricket game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
and the "we don't have an ashes tie-in" line is a cop-out. it's the biggest cricket event in their two biggest markets in the next 18 months...

you think people in aus are gonna go "ashes, meh... big bash, i gotta get me a cricket video game"? or in england, we'll be like "didn't give a toss about the aussies last winter, but we've got sri lanka and india during the football world cup - where's my xbox??"

lars08

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree that Dec could be a risk, but it will be Dec because time for a Nov release is running out!!!!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But what do the numbers on the helmets mean?... [/anythingbutreleasedateboredom]

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
and the "we don't have an ashes tie-in" line is a cop-out. it's the biggest cricket event in their two biggest markets in the next 18 months...

you think people in aus are gonna go "ashes, meh... big bash, i gotta get me a cricket video game"? or in england, we'll be like "didn't give a toss about the aussies last winter, but we've got sri lanka and india during the football world cup - where's my xbox??"

I think the World Cup in Australia fits into that 18 month time frame but I see what you mean. I'm hoping the World Cup in Australia will be massive though.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
1)was it ready to launch at the beginning, as we're told this game is? or did it just launch when it was ready.
It was delayed as far as I know.

But the point is, regardless of the specific release date, there will still be a heavy push of advertising while the Ashes are on, even if that's ads for pre-orders during the first test or two and ads for buying it in the other four or five.

We're obviously past the point of a pre-first test release, and I can't come to any conclusion other than an assumption that the day one patch not being completed as the reason for that - forgoing something we might speculate as the 'best' marketing strategy to get a better game out there isn't something I'm going to complain about.

[/anythingbutreleasedateboredom]
Like you can talk. Total hypocrite. Still won't confirm the release date for Nicolas Cage Cricket!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
But from the interview it seems like they have arrived at a date for the release...So Ross will be having a plan in mind for the promotional activities of the game.....:)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think the World Cup in Australia fits into that 18 month time frame but I see what you mean. I'm hoping the World Cup in Australia will be massive though.

ah... the odi game has no profile in england. a world cup will be bigger, but it will still be nothing to the ashes

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
ah... the odi game has no profile in england. a world cup will be bigger, but it will still be nothing to the ashes

Really? Crowds for the games against Australia and the Champions Trophy seemed to be good. I agree though. I think most Australians would prefer to win the Ashes, especially considering we haven't won it since 2006/07!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Like you can talk. Total hypocrite. Still won't confirm the release date for Nicolas Cage Cricket!

Let's not have a Face Off over this...

Crossy333

County Cricketer
I'm certain it will be out before Christmas as this makes sense. There are 3 tests in that time and regardless of what happens in those, cricket will be the major focus. Even if Aussies lose or play poorly. What better way to get revenge then in virtual world.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Let's not have a Face Off over this...

Why is it when I click on your sig link I can pre-order a t-shirt but not a cricket game?

----------

I'm certain it will be out before Christmas as this makes sense. There are 3 tests in that time and regardless of what happens in those, cricket will be the major focus. Even if Aussies lose or play poorly. What better way to get revenge then in virtual world.

If that's all you've got ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread