Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

To be fair, there's a wealth of pertinent information already in the bowling guide thread. Its a few pages to read through to find it though, but that's why it's viewable. It helped me out loads.

Have never seen this before, have to think it's incorrect drivers or perhaps cables not pugged in 100%, purely guessing though.
Thanks for the help.. I updated my graphics card and now its smooth and without any flickering..
Now it seems like an amazing experience.. great game @BigAntStudios Its worth spending so much.. Controller makes it more fun to play

----------

Never heard of this happening, but it does sound like a driver issue as @BigAntStudios mentioned.

Which GeForce are you using if I may ask?
As recommended by Big ant studios.. I updated my graphics card driver.. and now its working good..

Thanks for the help.. I updated my graphics card and now its smooth and without any flickering..
Now it seems like an amazing experience.. great game @BigAntStudios Its worth spending so much.. Controller makes it more fun to play

----------

As recommended by Big ant studios.. I updated my graphics card driver.. and now its working good..

Glad to hear it's sorted out!

I'm very happy to have a game that forces me to look at the field and try to pierce gaps. It makes the game much more strategic and like real life.

However, I find that the cone within which certain shots go is far too narrow. Given "grounded" shots easily go in the air, it pretty much leads me to just avoid certain shots, e.g.

1) Short cover = no cover drive
2) Short mid wicket = no sweep shot
3) Bowler (i.e. always) = no straight drive

Does anyone else find that? I'm finding that with certain shots it's almost impossible to pierce the field and just have to put them away until the fielders move out of the way.

I'm very happy to have a game that forces me to look at the field and try to pierce gaps. It makes the game much more strategic and like real life.

However, I find that the cone within which certain shots go is far too narrow. Given "grounded" shots easily go in the air, it pretty much leads me to just avoid certain shots, e.g.

Does anyone else find that? I'm finding that with certain shots it's almost impossible to pierce the field and just have to put them away until the fielders move out of the way.

gully/third slip/point - no cut shot since patch 2 :(

i am comfortable playing cover drive even with short cover not got out that way

No leg drive when silly is in place... the ball might deflect off him and get caught by the bowler.

This has happened to me before.

I get most of my runs between midwicket and fine leg....but I have managed to play the odd (late) cut shot down to where the old fashioned position of third man would patrol. Granted I haven't cut anything 'square' between gully and point. I have been caught behind playing (late) cut shot.

I get most of my runs between midwicket and fine leg....but I have managed to play the odd (late) cut shot down to where the old fashioned position of third man would patrol. Granted I haven't cut anything 'square' between gully and point. I have been caught behind playing (late) cut shot.

tbh, batting seems less satisfying post patch 2 - i basically score by cover drives or leg glance/pull.

tbh, batting seems less satisfying post patch 2 - i basically score by cover drives or leg glance/pull.

That's where I get most of mine too block, between fine leg and mid wicket or over point(can't seem to keep ball down since patch 2) I play cuts to pace but still worried bout cutting spinner in case I edge to keeper, must admit I don't play too many cover drives off a spinner (over or round) and definately not to pacers coming round the wicket for fear of the edge to wk. are you saying its safer now to play cut v spin and cover drive too.

That's where I get most of mine too block, between fine leg and mid wicket or over point(can't seem to keep ball down since patch 2) I play cuts to pace but still worried bout cutting spinner in case I edge to keeper, must admit I don't play too many cover drives off a spinner (over or round) and definately not to pacers coming round the wicket for fear of the edge to wk. are you saying its safer now to play cut v spin and cover drive too.

My experience is post patch 2 cut is one of the riskiest shots in the game. If there are any fielders between 3rd slip and point don't cut.

I think cover drive to a spinner is on of the safest shots in the game.

The moment they put a short cover in I resort to playing on the legside or leaving the ball. I only play the straight drive by accident - I've tried to remove from my game all together.

I'm hoping that skill points will see my player play more shots on the ground. But I'm not holding my breath.

Guys please help meeeeeeeeeeeee? How to defend the ball, please someone :(

There is a manual as part of steam:

1. Open steam
2. Right click on Don Bradman Cricket 14
3. Click on the 'View player manual option'

Users who are viewing this thread