Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Am i imagining it (quite possible), or has everything slowed after the recent PC patch? The fielders seem to be moving in slow motion, the ball feels slower. It's almost as if the animation is playing at half speed, but the frame-rate is fine. Or it was always like this and I'm just forgetting.

I've noticed that there is often a little lag when the AI is about to play some shots, like the ball holds up for a little bit to allow the animation to play out.

I've noticed that there is often a little lag when the AI is about to play some shots, like the ball holds up for a little bit to allow the animation to play out.

Maybe it's an attempt to cut down the physics/animation disconnects so that what we are seeing is more accurately reflecting what is happening. I wouldn't expect it to be permanent though, maybe just a test of sorts.

Am i imagining it (quite possible), or has everything slowed after the recent PC patch? The fielders seem to be moving in slow motion, the ball feels slower. It's almost as if the animation is playing at half speed, but the frame-rate is fine. Or it was always like this and I'm just forgetting.

I haven't actually noticed that mate. AI fielders still slide for about 10 metres pre-emptively, and sometimes sprint like Usain Bolt.

As I have mentioned before, but may help some, if you're bowling and the fielders do the 'walk to the ball", if you start to sprint, the fielders will start running to the ball again.

Maybe it's an attempt to cut down the physics/animation disconnects so that what we are seeing is more accurately reflecting what is happening. I wouldn't expect it to be permanent though, maybe just a test of sorts.

I had originally thought the "slow running" was by design in the field for the animation to catch up like you describe in the bowling against the AI batters. But when you see a fielder running from another part of the field to get to it it's something else a bit weird going on.

DF111F3DC8572AB7656C96D6FD0870999B4F4C67

Nothing has been tweaked gameplay wise in the latest updates on PC. Only bug fixes.

PC version is very good in graphics. There are a few bugs in the game play. But these are easily fixed by the developers. My suggestion for the game play is 'ball marker' will be very helpful for batting at difficult levels. That may include as a choice for the game players.

Nothing has been tweaked gameplay wise in the latest updates on PC. Only bug fixes.
Cheers, seems to have spontaneously resolved itself (!?). I guess I was just wrong, but it definitely looked markedly slower in terms of animation frame rate. Now it's fine!

End of Day 1 in my Mega Test maximum challenge... Play has been going on continuously from midnight until 1:30pm and here is the current scorecard;

9CB529862D481673BE3FE856C4E71E42BA9EABCE

Only 115 of the scheduled 200 overs were played... If this is the same for the remaining days then the revised maximum total will be 34,500 runs.

Users who are viewing this thread