The Reintegration Thread

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I imagine the trust issues are that as a player looks around in dressing room and sees KP on his phone, he probably thinks he's writing notes for his next book about how bad said player is as a team mate.

I think it's a great decision. We need good players yes, but we need players who care about the team. KP cares about one thing in the sporting universe, himself. I'd much rather see James Taylor in the side. Oh, James Taylor. Isn't he one of the players who KP slated? There's some trust issues and bullying for you.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I imagine the trust issues are that as a player looks around in dressing room and sees KP on his phone, he probably thinks he's writing notes for his next book about how bad said player is as a team mate.

I think it's a great decision. We need good players yes, but we need players who care about the team. KP cares about one thing in the sporting universe, himself. I'd much rather see James Taylor in the side. Oh, James Taylor. Isn't he one of the players who KP slated? There's some trust issues and bullying for you.

In that changing room, if you saw Broad talking to a friend, or texting someone, you might think he was giving information to ridicule you on Twitter, but he's still in the team.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The Taylor story was KP gave his opinion privately, which was leaked as being an in front of the team rant - so yeah, trust issue.

Taylor has subsequently and publicly said he has no problem with Pietersen.

Also, Taylor was shortly after dropped and out of the England set up for gone time, indicating KP was not the only one with reservations about him.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
In that changing room, if you saw Broad talking to a friend, or texting someone, you might think he was giving information to ridicule you on Twitter, but he's still in the team.
I also don't think KP is that good at the top level any more. But if we can use this as an excuse to get Broad out of the side too, then I'm all for it.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
The Taylor story was KP gave his opinion privately, which was leaked as being an in front of the team rant - so yeah, trust issue.

Taylor has subsequently and publicly said he has no problem with Pietersen.

Also, Taylor was shortly after dropped and out of the England set up for gone time, indicating KP was not the only one with reservations about him.

Good choice of words Dave!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I also don't think KP is that good at the top level any more.

well i'd have supported dropping him last year as he was palpably unfit, and had been on a downward career path. since then now is about the only time since he's been in any position to prove whether he's fit for a return, and though i wrote only last week that i'd also agree with moving on (we do have several talented younger players) he's just given us 355 very good reasons to reconsider, and there is no question he'd be better at number 4 than ian bell, who has averaged 32.96 in a period of 18 months.[DOUBLEPOST=1431458564][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good choice of words Dave!!
i'm barely a gnat's hair taller than Taylor myself, so I assure you the pun was unintentional :)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Wow. I genuinely felt, that the whitewash of the Ashes was as low as it could get.

I've posted on this subject before on this forum and I'll post it again- A few goons, have way too much power in the way cricket is run in England.

I see a lot of fans justifying KP's return, some saying he doesn't fit in. My point is, whatever it is, KP has clearly been cheated. You make him ditch the world's premiere T20 league with buckets of cash in the hope of reinstating him and when he ticks the boxes, you throw something so lame out in the open world.

Andrew Strauss, is not going to win the English the Ashes, KP might. It is time that England realise that coaches, directors, chairmans and board room corporates only help cricketers in financial management and keeping their feet on the ground. Cricket matches are won by players. I think, Alastair Cook is a mighty fine individual and I don't doubt that if someone sensible precided over him and KP, the best for England could have been reached.

What England really needed to do was invest in youth. By that I mean, invest leadership in a young chap like Root, who is neither from the Strauss/Cook camp, neither from KP. He could jolly well tell those two as captain that they can have all their differences they like off the field, but play for a single cause on the field. However, I guess it requires balls to come up with such gutsy plans and England may be blessed with a lot of things, but a pair hasn't really been in their DNA really.

Shameful day for cricket today!

Oh and one last thing- Those dissing KP's triple and calling it a knock against a Division 2 county, need to check the scorecard. A KC Sangakkara that was making hundreds for fun at the WC didn't get many against the same attack.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Find it interesting how an issue has split people so clearly personally. In my view the right decision was made but probably presented in the wrong way.

Oh and one last thing- Those dissing KP's triple and calling it a knock against a Division 2 county, need to check the scorecard. A KC Sangakkara that was making hundreds for fun at the WC didn't get many against the same attack.

Not entirely sure this makes sense, Leicestershires attack is quite clearly one of the worst, if not the worst (Although McKay probably just about drags them out of this status) in the country, and the fact they haven't won a game in approaching 3 years comes across pretty poorly. Getting Sangakarra out fairly cheaply once doesn't suddenly make it that much better.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Leicestershires attack is quite clearly one of the worst, if not the worst (Although McKay probably just about drags them out of this status) in the country, and the fact they haven't won a game in approaching 3 years comes across pretty poorly. Getting Sangakarra out fairly cheaply once doesn't suddenly make it that much better.

Scoring 355* when the next highest score is 36 is impressive, regardless of who it's made against.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Find it interesting how an issue has split people so clearly personally. In my view the right decision was made but probably presented in the wrong way.

Not entirely sure this makes sense, Leicestershires attack is quite clearly one of the worst, if not the worst (Although McKay probably just about drags them out of this status) in the country, and the fact they haven't won a game in approaching 3 years comes across pretty poorly. Getting Sangakarra out fairly cheaply once doesn't suddenly make it that much better.

So you're saying that one of your board members asks the biggest match winner England has produced in the last decade to come back because there's a comeback open if he gets runs by way of ditching a lucrative IPL contract. Now, he makes the runs and he's told he's not trustworthy? But, trustworthy enough to have an advisory role? Sorry, but I can't understand anything from this situation other than there are a bunch of blazing asses in that board.

The Pietersen drama was over. The ECB has re-integrated it. And please, Strauss is clearly stroking his ego among other things. 'You can play advisor and work under me, but you're not getting an opportunity to re-instate your lost stardom by playing for England again. I simply want the best for English cricket.'

BALLS!

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
On a side note, I bet if he played the entire season at Surrey he'd have earned a good amount of what his IPL contract would have been (Didn't seem that bothered about trying to ditch it once he realised no one wanted to pay for him).

Doubt he'd come cheaply for a season at Surrey if he did so and Surrey are a bit notorious for splashing out a bit at times.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Seriously, someone needs to start a petition to not go to the Ashes matches. The Ashes played out in front of an empty stadium would send a message. Rarely have I been this angry on cricket!

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Scoring 355* when the next highest score is 36 is impressive, regardless of who it's made against.

I've never stated the knock itself wasn't impressive, fair play to him for going on to such a high total. I'm sure I and many others would have been a lot more impressed if it had been against someone like Yorkshire, although I'm understanding of the fact he can only score against what he's playing against. Will be interesting to see how consistestly he can post large scores from here now.

Users who are viewing this thread